Ozark 100 Miler info and Video

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
AaronRoberts

Ozark 100 Miler info and Video

Post by AaronRoberts »

Event: 7th Annual Ozark 100 Miler Extreme Off Road Motorcycle Race
When: November 28th and 29th, 2014
Where: Hardwood Hills Ranch, Mansfield, Mo
What: 100 mile harescramble, hard enduro and extreme race all wrapped into one extremely difficult but rewarding events!!

Pro Purse: $6,000 total with $2,000 to the overall winner!!!

Professionals scheduled to appear: 2012 National Enduro Champion Steward Baylor
Air Group Sponsored Nick Fahringer
Cody Schafer
Ian Blythe
Drew Higgins
Steve Leivan
Kole Henslee
Zach Ingrim just to name a few....

Details and info:
New for this year will be on Friday Nov 28th a 14 mile "less" technical loop designed for Trailriders(beginners), Womens class, youth and 3 Pro Pee Wee classes. The TR Class, Womans Class and Youth will do 2 laps and the Pro Pee Wee Classes will be doing 1. The trail will be a touch harder than a normal harescramble but definetly very doable by all in these classes. The terrain is rocky and tight but more emphasis on being challenging but fun for this skill level. Plus it gives
the racers a new look at a harescramble. Instead of starting in the back, they get to start in the front and the race is ALL about these 7 classes!!

Now onto the MAIN EVENT:
Saturday Nov. 29th starting at 9:30 A.M.
What "it" is: 100 miles of the gnarliest, tighest and rockiest trail we could throw at you! The race consist of 3 motos with moto scoring. The first moto is 2 laps of our 25 mile loop with all C classes thru Pro lining up. C classes run only the first moto and are done. 2nd moto will start approximately 2:00 and will be B Classes thru the Pro class only. After these two motos are ran, we will total up the results and the top 25 overall after 75 miles (both motos combined) will be eligible for the 3rd loop which is run at dark!! This will be a shortned loop of approximatly 8.3 miles and will be run 3 times to total the day at 100 miles. There will be "special" extreme elements adding to this loop for the ultimate in racer challenge. The racer who completes every lap of every moto with the best combined score of all 3 motos wins!!! But remember, you must finish EVERY lap of EVERY moto to be eligible.

Spectators: EASILY one of the coolest events to actually come and see what a harescramble racer does in the woods. We have multiple viewing locations that are literally minutes walk from the pits. VERY cool spots like: VW Hill(crowd favorite), Something Special(Hill), Area 208(night loop only), Pee Wee Creek(don't let the name fool you) and the infamous WALL. Huge fun for everybody!
So, if you are the kind of racer who wants to challenge himself and get the chance to ride the same course as some of the best off road dirt bike racers in the country this is for you. Yes it is tough but all is very doable by all! There are NO hills that you HAVE to launch your bike up and over a cliff to even get close to making it. Yes we have some very tough hills but most or all are multiple line with an "easier" way around that will take you longer but you CAN get up no matter what skill.
Now I can't tell you you won't get tired because you will!!! But personally, being a finisher of this race in its inaugural year, I still hold that as being my proudest moment racing my dirt bike. After that final 3rd moto that night I knew and had got my butt whipped and was totally exhausted but the grin on my face was so big you couldn't have knocked it off of my head. So get eat a bunch of turkey and then load up the bike and bail on the in-laws and come on out and play! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!! See ya at the ranch!

Spud and Chili went for a ride to check mileage. We have attached that video for your viewing pleasure. The video was cut short by a tree branch, but it should help get you excited about this event.
http://youtu.be/I8YCj_A10LI

--
Aaron "Chili" Roberts
2009 Husqvarna TXC450(I have a problem!)
2010 Husqvarna TXC450
2009 Husqvarna TXC450
2006 Husqvarna TE450
2005 Husqvarna TE450
2003 Husqvarna TE450
2003 Husqvarna TE250
2002 Husqvarna WR125
LSK Lebanon(Thanks Wayne)
Spudbilt
Un Retired Hillbilly Trail Hog!

KingRacing

Re: Ozark 100 Miler info and Video

Post by KingRacing »

Is anybody from the Hot Springs or Central Arkansas area going to this? Please let me know ASAP!