2015 Perna Hare Scramble canceled

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Alexander

2015 Perna Hare Scramble canceled

Post by Alexander »

From the Perna's:

Unfortunately someone bought a large part of the land we used to hold the race. As much as we hate to, we can not hold any more hare scramble events, there is just not enough land left to have great trail.

The officers were notified, and I am sure they will find a great place to replace this race.

Thank you all for your many years of support and enjoying our event!

Travisdupriest

Re: 2015 Perna Hare Scramble canceled

Post by Travisdupriest »

When Pete Perna called me last night I was really disappointed.
The mud fest of 2012 was my families first Hare Scramble Race ever. I really learned that day I was a trail rider wanting to be a racer. I finished the race riding with my son we were tired worn out riders. We wanted more! My family hasn't missed a race since!

My daughter at the age of 10 cried her entire practice lap! She came back to the starting line bawling. I told her she didn't have to race it is supposed to be fun. She said no I want to try it. She was still crying with the flag drop. 30 min later when the checkered fell she wanted to keep going. I will never forget that miserable muddy cold day. She is one of the top 5 short course riders now!

Thank you for your 12 years or so of being part of the series we will definitely miss you!

I know I will! BTW I really hated the Pines in a good way!
2014-2017 Vice President
2016-2017 #341 B35+
2014-2015 #541 C35+
2013 #741 D35+
2012 #851 Beginner Vet

KingRacing

Post by KingRacing »

Althought it was with a different series, my very first Pro Race was here! We're going to miss you guys!

ZacCrowl

Post by ZacCrowl »

We appreciate their many years of letting us race with them. We always hate to lose a race but fully understand.
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion