Wild Hog Hare Scramble updates and news

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Ajudy300

Wild Hog Hare Scramble updates and news

Post by Ajudy300 »

Next up is Wild Hog!
New venue for 2016!
Look us up on facebook (Winters Wild Hog Hare Scramble) like and share the page and any posts on there so we can get the news shared with everyone!

Track is 9.5 miles long. About 8 of that is flowy single track with the rest being open quad trail here and there to connect the loop. Most of track is 2nd-3rd gear flow with a couple 1st gear technical sections thrown in. Track is a mix of very nice dirt with some rocky sections thrown in to keep the rock lovers happy. We go from a top of a mountain and wind our way down to Lee creek, jump onto a gravel bar, then back into the sandy loam section with lots of natural ravines we will race through. After all that awesomeness the track works it's way back up to the camp/ start area. Just before you complete your lap, there is a technical rock wall you can scale to save yourself a few seconds if you make it. This will be a spectator hot spot. Just a couple minute walking distance from parking. Also close to camp is an optional rock ledge drop off that the long course racers will be racing on. I'll mark a walking path to those two areas for spectators to follow.

$5 gate fee per person

Camping is free. No electric or water hook ups available.
Closest hotels would be in Van Buren Ar, about a 25min drive from race location.

Parking space isn't the largest, so let's keep it organized. If we somehow manage to fill up the main parking area, we have reserve parking further down the driveway.

Saturday practice $10 rider. Practice all you want Saturday (weather pending) Since this is all new trail, I feel it is most important to get the kids course and short course grooved in first. I'll have those loops open until they get beat in enough that the kids can follow an actual trail. Once the kids and short course loop gets worn in we will open up the long course loop.

Imajerk BBQ will be selling food and drinks all weekend.

Let's keep this place trash free. If you packed it in you can pack it out. Leaving the place trashy will result in losing this location for any potential future events.

I don't mean to come across as a fun Nazi, but
Absolutely NO pit riding will be tolerated at this event. This has become a very real issue and everyone's safety is at risk when kids or even adults are racing through the camp area. Only time a bike will be rode through the camp/ pit area, is when you're on the way to get onto the track. And camp/ pit speed is first gear barely above idle. Save all that speed for your race!

Also Sunday is race day. Not ride around as you please day. Only time your on a bike Sunday is when it's time for your race. If you want to just ride around, that's what our Saturday practices are for.

To wrap this post up on a lighter note, our sponsor Kross Kountry MotoGear is supplying the event with Holeshot awards. So if you happen to see Tracy, tell him thanks for supporting our series. And go and like and share his facebook page.

If you have any questions for me about this event, give me a call/text or email.
Andrew Judy-(479)330-0314 [email protected]

Look forward to seeing everyone race weekend!!

Ajudy300

Re: Wild Hog Hare Scramble updates and news

Post by Ajudy300 »

Take a ride with Jojo Toole while he gives you a little preview of the track for the race this weekend.

https://youtu.be/iYe1PRiLTBE

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Got some much needed rain last night and this morning. And looking at the forecast, looks like that's all we are expected to get all week. So no mud this weekend!! And with 99% of the track being in the woods the dust isn't going to be terrible either. This weekend is going to be a great one!!

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/uniontow ... st/2123387