COVID Stuff

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
wfopete

COVID Stuff

Post by wfopete »

Can we drop the CDC COVID stuff yet for AHSCS events?

I don't see anyone paying much attention to the new CDC guidance anyway at the races so is it now just a formality?

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/progr ... uidances

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/image ... 1.21.pdf
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

Ajudy300

Re: COVID Stuff

Post by Ajudy300 »

Hey man. Just trying to flatten the curve

wfopete

Post by wfopete »

I got my own curves to flatten without worrying about another.
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

Jason Harmon

Post by Jason Harmon »

wfopete wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:12 am
I don't see anyone paying much attention to the new CDC guidance anyway at the races so is it now just a formality?
Not sure what you mean, Pete. Ever since the Covid rules were instituted last season, everyone I've seen has been doing a great job of wearing their masks and staying socially distanced at the races. As a result, the number of active Covid cases has plummeted in Arkansas.

wfopete

Post by wfopete »

Dang Jason, I just spit out my Cheerios all over the keyboard :-)

All I'm getting at here is; Does the AHSCS want to update what the expectations are for folks at the races? Because I think they have changed since what we had last year. Personally I think it's all just eyewash to check a box so races can continue without the state looking down on the us AND THAT'S FINE WITH ME, but I've ditched the whole COVID thing quite a while ago. I'm not knocking the officers, promoters or anyone else within the AHSCS about this. If you are still on board the COVID bandwagon ok but I didn't see one mask, or any other COVID precaution taken at Jinx. And last years races other than the scoring/sign up deal everything was as usual (but I only went to 3 events).

Here's a funny story: I rode the WRE this year. So at the riders meeting they said due to COVID they want everyone to just pack up and go home after the event. No awards presentation, posted scores or general hanging around after the event. Awards will be mailed out. Of course this is all being preached with everyone standing shoulder to shoulder (mask-less) at the riders meeting. Ha, ha.

Again I'm not here to personally knock anyone or hurt someone's feelings (and I don't need any AHSCS docs, RNs or self appointed COVID experts preaching to me) but if we want to continue doing the COVID thing let's keep it up to date to keep the confusion down. Otherwise let's drop it.
Pete Petrick
Slow but Good.