RISON RACE

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
TXC510

RISON RACE

Post by TXC510 »

I know we're not to the Rison race yet - but is there any info out yet about the event ?

Jason Harmon

Re: RISON RACE

Post by Jason Harmon »

I'll be adding the information to the website for this race soon, but since you asked, here's a sneak peak of the info that I have received from the promoter:

Brand new course with fresh trails. The terrain is a mixture of river bed soft dirt and fresh southern chocolate dirt. The only rock that has been found on the whole trial was dropped out of Heath’s pocket. Flowing trails, faster pace then other AHSCS races, and some grass track! Excited to bring a rock free race to the AHSCS

Practice Saturday afternoon on half of the race track - 1pm to 3pm weather permitting - $10 per rider

Primitive camping with plenty of parking. Campers may arrive on Friday but are encouraged to call/text in advance if they intend on arriving on Friday. Gate opens at 7am on Saturday morning.

Small concession will be on-site as well as the return of Johnny Freeze Cream Ice (who was also on-hand at Jynx.)

Every holeshot winner will receive a free Johnny Freeze!

Jason Harmon

Post by Jason Harmon »

Race info page has been updated:

http://www.ahscs.com/2021-screaming-chicken/

TXC510

Post by TXC510 »

Sounds awesome - Maybe we might get a "Sneak Peek" trail video -

BIG E

Post by BIG E »

COMPLETED LONG COURSE TODAY , WAS ABLE TO RIDE IT FOR FIRST TIME . 7.5 MILES TOTAL LENGTH . 5.5 MILES 2ND AND 3RD GEAR FLOWING SINGLE TRACK , 1 MILE GRASS TRACK AND 1 MILE OF SIDE BY SIDE ROAD . DIRT WAS TACKY TODAY . NO ROCKS , I PICKED UP THE ROCK THAT HAD FELL OUT OF HEATHS POCKET .

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Mmmmmm sounds tasty

TXC510

Post by TXC510 »

Sure would like to see a video of the place - Thanks in advance

BIG E

Post by BIG E »

WELCOME ALL TO THE SCREAMING CHICKEN HARE SCRAMBLE THIS WEEKEND . PRACTICE SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND POSSIBLE PIT BIKE RACE . WHEN YOU TURN ONTO WOOLEY ROAD CONTINUE TO END OF BLACKTOP TAKE GRAVEL DRIVE TO RIGHT STAY TO LEFT SIDE OF NEW HOUSE UNDER CONSTRUCTION TO END OF GRAVEL DRIVE . WOOLEY ROAD IS NARROW AND SPEED LIMIT IS 30 MPH , WATCH YOUR SPEED . NO RIDING OF ATV OR DB ON WOOLEY ROAD OR GRAVEL DRIVE . THANKS IN ADVANCE . LOOKING FOWARD TO SEEING YALL THERE. BE SAFE AND HAVE A GREAT TIME