Pee Wee & Kids Classes

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
PamelaC

Re: Pee Wee & Kids Classes

Post by PamelaC »

I do not think the peewee age should be changed. My grandson races in the peewee class. 2022 will be his last year. Do I think he will be competitive in the kids class in 2023, probably not. But in order to be better you have to ride with faster riders on longer, harder tracks. That’s part of it. If you look back on the past couple of years the kids seem to be holding there own. The 2020 peewee winner road several kids races in 2021 and made somewhere between 2-5 laps at each event. The the top two riders in the peewee for 2021 road up in several kids events in 2021 and finished. With that being said, none of them won. But they were able to complete laps on the track and finish events at 5,6 years old. I think the classes are separated accordingly to allow for growth and advancement.

Britt

Post by Britt »

My daughter ran in Pee Wee and a handful of Kids B races this season. I personally like the idea of her having the option to race in two classes. I can't see where it would be limiting her growth and development as a rider as she is without a doubt going to be racing in Kids B this coming season and that will be her main focus, regardless of her eligibility for Pee Wee.
I know there are young riders who are either having trouble with the transition to a larger bike, or aren't comfortable on some of the Kids courses, which is understandable because there were a few races that the Kids course was pretty tough, especially for a smaller wheeled 50, and if broadening the Pee Wee class allows those kids to participate and race when they otherwise wouldn't be able to, for whatever the reason might be, then I feel like its the thing to do.

I'm not crazy about a Kids C class. It'll consist of the same three riders all year. I mean I'm not against it, but I don't see the point other than a consolation prize for the slower riders, and I say that knowing very well that my child would be a prime candidate for a Kids C and would bring home the occasional plaque, where in Kids B she'll likely never podium. I'd rather see her come in 4th in Kids B than racing for a guaranteed 1-3 podium finish in a Kids C class.

As for the parents who are concerned that bringing in the older racers will create more hazards for the younger racers, I think that's a logical concern. I feel that the faster Pee Wee riders last year done well with taking care of the younger riders and I'd hope that would continue, but I definitely understand the concern.

Either way it goes, I'm happy to be a part of this series, my daughter absolutely loves the weekends we spend racing and I've never met a better group of people. We'll see y'all next year.

Motopearce21

Post by Motopearce21 »

My son #121 Ian Pearce is absolutely loving the PeeWee races! He has recorded Bear Creek, Thundering Bison, and Diamond in the rough with a GoPro and he wanted me to share them here. If there is a better place to post this, please let me know. I hope you enjoy the ride from his point of view as much as he did!

2022 Bear Creek PeeWee B
2022 Timber Rush PeeWee B
2022 Diamond in the Rough

Jason Harmon

Post by Jason Harmon »

Thanks for sharing! I just made a new post featuring various racer footage from the last race and included Ian's!