Contingency Questions

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Porterfield_Loren

Contingency Questions

Post by Porterfield_Loren »

My Son Eli Porterfield races Kids B and is eligible and has been registered for Yamaha Contingency on his 2021 YZ65. We have received the card and have been regularly checking his balance (because he's an excited kid who wants to spend his reward) and it still only has the $5 balance that comes on the card when it is sent and activated. The following is what should be on the card:

2021 Contingency Paying Races
4/18/2021 -Jynx - 3rd place $25
5/2/2021 – Darrell Judy Memorial - 2nd place $50
6/13/2021 -Old Chisum Trail - 1st place $75
8/1/2021 – Diamond in the Rough - 3rd place $25
9/12/21 – Timber Rush - 2nd place $50

For a Total of - $225

I'm new to contingency and didn't know exactly what to expect and it took a while to even get the card from Yamaha Blu Cru but now that we have had it for almost 2 months and the final contingency race for the year is complete I'm wondering when this money will be posted and Eli will be able to enjoy his reward. The contingency chairperson doesn't have a link on the "Contact" section of the website and I don't know him personally so I would like to hear from him, President, or Vice President (or all of the above if it is beneficial to the topic) as to how this works and what to expect.

Also other Contingency riders please give some feedback to let myself and any others interested know if you have had the same experience this year or in years past.

Thank you for your time.

Jason Harmon

Re: Contingency Questions

Post by Jason Harmon »

Thanks for the info, Loren! I’m not exactly sure how the contingency process works but I’ve sent this post this up the ladder so hopefully we’ll be able to get it figured out.

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone out there taking advantage of any of the other manufacturers contingency programs? I honestly never hear much about them!

JacobHyatt

Post by JacobHyatt »

Our Contingency Officer has been in contact with Yamaha and they said they are running way behind. We have sent in all the races that were paid races to them and are now waiting for the buttons at Yamaha to be pushed. I hate that it has been such a delay, because everybody needs some fresh blucru swag!
2022-2023 AHSCS President
#84 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#85 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#923 Schoolboy (2023 Beta 350-RE)

Boodles58

Post by Boodles58 »

Was there any Fly Bucks available this year?

Boodles58

Post by Boodles58 »

Yes we have used contingency $ every time they have been available thru series or manufacture for 20 something years now. Works out quite well, hard earned free products. Fly Bucks last year where great, still no answer on this season's. They do expire !