Update on James Ranch Hare Scramble

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Shane

Update on James Ranch Hare Scramble

Post by Shane »

Hey folks! We are just about 2 weeks out from the race. Trav and I have made a few trips to the Ranch getting our bearings on the place and laying out out our game plan. I'll be spending some days this week on the trail and the Goat Crew will be there full force the full week before the race. Here's some of what to expect...

Field runs- expect the amount to be cut in half. This will cut a little distance, but the goat crew are woods guys and, well, yeah... woods.

Course direction- One cool thing about this place is the existing trail that we have to work with. Zac did a great job of laying out a loop that makes good use of the odd shaped property. So, among other things, we will be flipping the direction from what has been ran in the past. This alone will make it feel like an all new course.

Changes and reroutes- Trav and I have identified several sections that we will be rerouting. Some out of necessity, some just because... woods.

The Ranch is fresh mowed and looking gorgeous. Early morning river fog and mid morning deer will make a picturesque setting for those of you that choose to come early and camp. The Goat Crew will be there all week before the race, so feel free to come Friday and make it 2 nights.

If you are wanting an RV spot with hookups, call Nikki at 870-202-3295 to make a reservation. Special price for the race is $25 per night and those spaces are limited. Primitive camping is free.Or...

Here are the most popular hotels in Pocahontas. They are all near each other and close to several restaurants and Walmart. Less than 10 miles to the race site.

Days Inn
2805 Hwy 67
(870)892-9500

Rock and Roll Hwy 67 Inn
1710 Hwy 67
(870)609-1999

Cottonwood Inn
2203 Hwy 67
(870)892-2581

I'll update more next week. We're looking forward to seeing you all there to test out flavor at this beautiful place. It's about time to git down with the git down!!

See ya soon!

Shane

Re: Update on James Ranch Hare Scramble

Post by Shane »

Sorry for some confusion about RV spot reservations. They are doing RV spots first come, first served. No reservations. I was late getting that memo.