Rules

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Shellyahscs

Rules

Post by Shellyahscs »

Can we go back to the old officer rule where an officer can be a family member/spouse/parent of a racer. This was the rule back when I was scoring chairman and makes much more sense to me.

scottwarren

Re: Rules

Post by scottwarren »

Good idea! Something else we need to consider is adding a couple of people to the “board” that will be able to vote that are not officers or promoters. A lot of other entities that have voting will do that to keep people in it that don’t have any interest in the way the vote goes. The state mobile home commission is one example. They have two members that vote that are not involved in the mobile home industry.

wfopete

Post by wfopete »

Shellyahscs wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:33 pm
Can we go back to the old officer rule where an officer can be a family member/spouse/parent of a racer. This was the rule back when I was scoring chairman and makes much more sense to me.
Why is this a good idea and why was this rule established in the first place?

Before folks start changing rules back and forth, remember there is/was a reason why that rule was implemented. I suggest reviewing why a rule was implemented in the first place and if someone wants it changed what is different now than then.
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

Shellyahscs

Post by Shellyahscs »

I know why it was created and I still do not agree. When I first was scoring chairman the rule was racer or spouse. After me it changed to racer only. Then when I was asked to come back I had to become a member. Most of the time it is a joint venture anyway. Winston did just as much of the work as I did.
As a rule, racing is a family sport. I just think it is time to broaden the horizons again.

RuthGould

Post by RuthGould »

ANYONE is eligible to be an officer you just have to be a member of the series.

I don't know why the rule was created, but it seems like a good thing to me. I wouldn't want just anyone to be able to be nominated for being an officer. I think that at the current cost of membership, it says that you are dedicated to doing what's best for the series if you are willing to pay your membership fee to be a part of it. If you are voted in you get a free membership from then on and one member of your family member gets to race for free.
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

Shellyahscs

Post by Shellyahscs »

So my suggestion was not for “just anyone”. My suggestion is for racer or spouse/ parent of a racer. If you are paying for a membership a racer then you should qualify.