Almosta Race

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Fred1956

Almosta Race

Post by Fred1956 »

less than 7 days to Almosta! Weather forecast is looking good so far…. Don't forget that we are doing a gate fee for the first time this year-non-perishable food items, mens, children or women's clothing (clean please) or $5 a head. All gate proceeds go to The Manna Center for families in Siloam Springs See ya soon!

Fred1956

Re: Almosta Race

Post by Fred1956 »

A NOTE-I got a call from one of our Kansas City riders today and he has been out hustling on behalf of the Almosta Race (Thanks Micheal Thompson), he was worried that it was to late to get more items or donations for this years event…..We will take auction items up to the morning on race day (a heads up will help us get a bid sheet ready) and donations even after the race (it takes a couple of days to get it all tallied up and sent to RDF) so if YOUR motorcycle shop would like to help, or your boss, or your work, or your neighbor, etc it's never to late. Just give me a call at 479-787-7693, if I don't answer leave a message and I will call you back, so I can get them the address if it needs to be sent, and it can be earmarked to RDF or The Manna Center if they wish & I'll make sure they get credit for their help. Thanks to all of you for your help! We can't do any of this without our amazing Almosta family! 3 more days!

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

Awesome day on the Almosta Race course today, got the start walked out and marked, sorted out some technical issues, got some basic lap times for a gauge, & got the pit area ready. Course is in great shape after the freeze, thaw, & snow we got and we still have moisture in the ground but no mud. Thanks to the guys that came and helped, we got a lot done today !!

DBM

Post by DBM »

HEY FRED, WHAT TIME ARE WE RACING TOMORROW?
THANKS
DARIN

Rob

Post by Rob »

12 noon
FB: ATeam off road racing, Winters Trials Central, http://www.s3parts.com, http://www.kendatire.com/en-us, https://www.klim.com/

RuthGould

Post by RuthGould »

Will there be concessions for breakfast or lunch? This will be our first time at the Almosta.
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

No official concessions, Little Debbie furnishes snack cakes & breakfast rolls, Java Dave's sent coffee & hot cocoa, we'll do a big (15 gallons) chili feed after the race. Find Mary and we'll steer you right…..
Gates open at 8am, riders meeting/partner draw at 11am, hope to start race at 12-12:30. I should be at the 2nd gate post with rider instructions & sign up sheets. Drive safe GPS address is 9897 Almosta Rd Decatur, AR 72722

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

WHEW! Another Almosta Race in the books, a wonderful day at Wildcat Ranch..130 riders, new gate plan netted $605 & a pickup truck full of clothes & food for the Manna Center, no injuries, good weather and heck of a lot of really great people. 20 gallons of chili, 5# shredded cheese and a whole lot of Fritos & crackers are gone. Some first timers and some veterans as well. Parker Nolen & Chris Underwood won the race, Kenneth Winn got Iron Man, Evan Kennedy got Hard Luck, Todd York did NOT crash, 2 holeshot trophies went to S Loftin for the A side & L Thomas on the B side. Our first back to back simultaneous 2 direction start was a huge success. RDF was a winner as well but still working on totals. Thanks to everybody involved from the sponsors, the sweep crew, the gate crew, the scoring crew, the EMTs, the first responders that gave their time, and all you wonderful generous Almosta racers. Thank you all so much for supporting this event and the people that realize the good from it. More details to come but I need to unwind a bit. THANKS AGAIN !! Woot woot!! BRAAAP! Oh & we had 4 states represented in the border war, KS had 1, MO had 3, OK had 7, And the winner was Arkansas with 9

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

I hauled the gate proceeds to The Manna Center this morning......(drum roll) YOU GUYS & GALS provided 537# of food, 10 large bags of clothing & $608 cash to The Manna Center of Siloam Springs. They were speechless for a moment and then we got that stuff unloaded. I took the tour, all volunteers (one lady was 85, another is 95 (she had the day off)), very nice and down to earth group. It is a very clean well organized system, they are for sure doing some good in the community. Pat yourself on the back Almosta Riders and supporters!! Great job! http://www.themannacenter.org/Home.html

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

To our AHSCS family, THANK YOU so much for your support and we hope you all enjoyed the race as well as made it home all right. Hope to see you back next year to make sure the Border War glory stays in AR. We're blessed to have such a great family that takes the time to come and help us ride in the New Year & help 2 (now) great charities.

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

DRUUUMMMM ROOOOOLLLLLL!!!! Still a little bit of a moving target but as of now... $7321 in hand, $200 in the mail, a little more on the hoodies that we'll order next Friday, that puts us at $7521 + new hoody/shirt sales for RiderDown Foundation AWESOME DAY by AWESOME PEOPLE !!! Thank you to everyone, I have heard so many stories of the giving that went on at the gate, one guy paid $50 to get in, another car had a trunk load of clothes, some brought cases of food and there are still stories coming in of the generosity of our Almosta Race Family. All of our first time workers have signed up for next year because they were all so impressed. Every time they see a dirt bike loaded in a truck or on a trailer they'll think of the Almosta Race! Also BREAKING NEWS- One of our spectators has contacted Mary privately and there may be more to come from this year's race.....Stay tuned!!!!
Last edited by Fred1956 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

A note on Almosta shirts, due to demand we ran short and had we also several requests for hoodies. Our shirt is graciously allowing us to reorder. If you would like an Almosta Hoodie or shirt, T-shirts are $10 ea & Hoodies are $25 ea (both + postage if needed) 2X & 3x may be a couple dollars more. Post here or call 479-787-7693 to place your order. Thanks! As always all proceeds go to Rider Down Foundation.
HEADS UP- We caught a break (sort of) Good news is that our shirt guy got a 7,000 shirt order so he's gonna hold our screen until next week. So you have another week to order BUT the Bad news is he won't print any until next week. Good news is they CAN do youth shirts, bad news is they CAN'T do youth hoodies because the pocket is in the way. Thanks and let me know by noon on Jan 9th !!
Attachments
Almosta2014shirt.jpg
(25.24 KiB) Downloaded 8653 times

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

Greg, That is correct, you guys did move up to 10th officially, I'm trying track down both trophies but may have to make another pair. Time sheets are here on this page-
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Almosta- ... 2846708216