YEAR-END MEETING

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
JacobHyatt

YEAR-END MEETING

Post by JacobHyatt »

Based on the weather and the lack of turnout for the meeting at the race this past weekend, we are moving the discussion for the year-end meeting here.

If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please post them here. As the conversation spreads, we may open new threads for specific topics.
2022-2023 AHSCS President
#84 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#85 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#923 Schoolboy (2023 Beta 350-RE)

Motopearce21

Re: YEAR-END MEETING

Post by Motopearce21 »

What are the rules on Ironman for PeeWee? Is it complete all races and at least 50% of the laps if the leader or 70%? Ian is wearing me out to know if he made Ironman

Jason Harmon

Post by Jason Harmon »

Here are the 2023 Ironman requirements from the rulebook:
Ironman Award

To qualify for an Ironman Award the following criteria must be met:

• Must be a current annual AHSCS member.

• Must register in a points-paying class at every AHSCS event in a season.

• Must complete at least 65% of the laps (rounded up) of the leader of their class.
(See accompanying lap chart) The 65% rule does not apply to the PeeWee classes.

• Must complete the entirety of the race time for their specific class (must take the
checkered flag).*

• Must not receive a Major penalty or Disqualification from any race.

*Any rider attempting to intentionally violate the spirit of the finishing requirement
(Example: Purposefully stopping/waiting to allow enough time to pass so that the
checkered flag comes out) will be deemed ineligible to qualify.

Shawn, it pains me to say this but in looking at Ian's results in Peewee A, he had qualified at every race up until but his DNF at Howling Holler.

Jason Harmon

Post by Jason Harmon »

Anyone that would prefer to make an anonymous rule change idea, comment or suggestion, you can make a submission via this Google Form:

https://forms.gle/qUPhegyi9GhM1viP7

Jeremy Allmon

Post by Jeremy Allmon »

Protest Period
There will be a 15-minute protest period after all scores are posted. During this time, a rider may bring forward any issues or concerns that they may have regarding the results and/or any infractions that may have occurred during the race. The race promoter should engage with all series officers present at the event to address a protesting rider’s concerns and resolve the issue in accordance with the series rulebook if deemed necessary.

That is the current protest period from the rule book. If there are gonna be protest allowed after this official period I believe there needs to a rule change stating that and under what circumstances will a protest be allowed after the 15 minute official protest period.

Chief

Post by Chief »

I agree with Jeremy the protest period rule is in place for a reason. Protests that are brought up hours or days later need to have some kind of info in the rule book. Its not fair for either rider that the protest comes up after the fact because there's not much that can be done for the protester and the rider protested can't defend their actions in person.
Matt Leatherwood
2019 B35+ Champion
#324 B35+

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

Or another alternative might be to just add clear cut finality at the end of the existing rule.

“The race promoter should engage with all series officers present at the event to address a protesting rider’s concerns and resolve the issue in accordance with the series rulebook if deemed necessary. After the 15 minute protest period has expired no other protest will be evaluated.”

OR could be written “No protest shall be evaluated beyond the 15 minute protest period.”

I guess the counter point to making it final is that someone could bring forward video at some point later that provides evidence to change the situation, and the question then becomes how long is too long a time period to allow a reconsideration of the outcome.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Jeremy Allmon

Post by Jeremy Allmon »

I have tried to copy the rule out of the ama rule book and post it here but can’t seem to get it done. It is on page 280 if you want to read their rule. It states that protest should be brought forward within the 30 min protest period after race results are posted and should only be brought forward by the racer affected. There is nothing said about days after or even hours after that I can find. I realize that sometimes riders are not always aware of some infractions that happen till they get home and view go pro videos and such as that. With that said video can be deceiving also and do not always do justice to what the trails look like in person. So if your gonna allow video to be a part of the protest after the 15 minute protest period the racer being protested should have the right to appeal that protest on them and allowed to go back to the spot of the infraction and prove their side of the complaint. If u want to look at the rules for the appeal side it’s just a page or two after protest period and it states they have 30 days to prove their appeal. I would really hate to see that kinda time frame for a appeal.

Brandi Morgan

Post by Brandi Morgan »

Can there be a way of putting the address and event information out two weeks in advance. Trying to plan the trip and food out with out knowing the address makes it harder trying to find a hotel or camp grounds. Also if the event will allow camping for the weekend or just Saturday night.

JacobHyatt

Post by JacobHyatt »

Brandi Morgan wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 am
Can there be a way of putting the address and event information out two weeks in advance. Trying to plan the trip and food out with out knowing the address makes it harder trying to find a hotel or camp grounds. Also if the event will allow camping for the weekend or just Saturday night.
Brandi,

Once the schedule for 2024 is posted, you should be able to follow this link - https://ahscs.com/schedule/ -. You can click on each race and it will tell you the race location and directions for getting to each event.

Jason Harmon

Post by Jason Harmon »

Brandi Morgan wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 am
As Jacob mentioned, you can generally find all of the info that we have on the individual race pages. I'll try to make sure that Friday night camping info gets posted as well.

2024 schedule page will be updated soon and the the info about each specific race will be posted as it starts to trickle in.

Lil Smoke

Post by Lil Smoke »

Jason Harmon wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:07 pm
Ironman Award

• Must complete at least 65% of the laps (rounded up) of the leader of their class.

• Must complete the entirety of the race time for their specific class (must take the
checkered flag).*

*Any rider attempting to intentionally violate the spirit of the finishing requirement
(Example: Purposefully stopping/waiting to allow enough time to pass so that the

Ok. So I raced ALL races last season and finished all of them.
BUT...
I changed classes from Schoolboy to D-Open. Does that still count?

KEEGAN MURPHY is my name is you wnat to check me... I could be looking at something wrong. 🤔
Last edited by Jason Harmon on Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To fix "Quote" bbcode formatting issue
Thanks,
Keegan_

JacobHyatt

Post by JacobHyatt »

Lil Smoke wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:40 pm
Jason Harmon wrote:
Ironman Award

checkered flag).*

BUT...

KEEGAN MURPHY is my name is you wnat to check me... I could be looking at something wrong. 🤔
Keegan,

It appears that you did not complete the lap requirements at 2 events:
Darrell Judy and James Ranch

For Ironman, you are required to complete 65% of the leader’s laps in your class. You were a lap short at each of these events.

You had a great season and I have a feeling you’ll be bringing home lots of trophies next season! Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Jason Harmon on Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To fix "Quote" bbcode formatting issue

Lil Smoke

Post by Lil Smoke »

JacobHyatt wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:45 am
Lil Smoke wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:40 pm
Jason Harmon wrote:

BUT...

Keegan,

It appears that you did not complete the lap requirements at 2 events:
Darrell Judy and James Ranch

For Ironman, you are required to complete 65% of the leader’s laps in your class. You were a lap short at each of these events.

You had a great season and I have a feeling you’ll be bringing home lots of trophies next season! Keep up the good work!

Ok, I remember now... I was sick at James Ranch and I crashed really dumb at Darrell Judy... lol

Thank you! I'm gonna try to get all the pravtice and time on that bike as I possibly can. I believe I'm moving to B-Open... so I'm going to really need to step-up, but I love a good challenge. 🤣
Last edited by Jason Harmon on Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To fix "Quote" bbcode formatting issue.
Thanks,
Keegan_