Official Resignation

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
RuthGould

Official Resignation

Post by RuthGould »

Since I’ve heard the rumor mill has gotten busy about why I am resigning, I thought I would come here to clear things up.

But first I need to say some things. Don’t act surprised! Y’all know I love to talk! Lol!

I was voted in as scoring director at the end of 2013. My first season as scoring director was 2014. This next year will be 10 years. I’m pretty sure that’s the longest anyone has ever stayed. I have loved almost ALMOST every minute of it. I really have. And sometimes when I try to picture what my life will look like without it, I get real sad. I love cutting up & talking to y’all! I love scoring in general. The thrill of watch y’all swap positions when you’re in a tight battle is indescribable. I have also loved watching you grow & watching your babies grow & then come back to race. It’s been a beautiful thing for me for a very long time. But it’s also a lot of work. This last year Scott & I were given the opportunity to buy the company we work for. We know that God placed this in front of us & so we are going in His direction. We have bitten off a whole lot. We burn the candle enough at both ends. Right now we know it's time to take a step back & let someone else take those reins. Yes I am advocating for the next scoring team to get a bit more money, but that is definitely not the reason I'm stepping down!

I have a couple of folks interested in the job so my hope is to train them up this next year & equip them to carry on. This job is a significant responsibility. It requires honesty, hard work, & dedication. I worked in scoring before I became the scoring director, and the transition was very smooth. I feel this will be a very similar situation.

My, how things have evolved in the last 10 years! We’ve progressed from doing sign up in a pop up tent outside during extreme weather conditions including dust, rain, & snow, to the comfort of a well heated & cooled trailer that even has a bathroom!! Thank y’all so much for that!!! I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of you for allowing me to fill this role! I really am going to miss this so much. But I know it’s time to take a break.

On the other hand, if you’re ever in need of a pump truck, call us! Building a house? Call us to pump your slab! Building a patio in the backyard? Call us to pump it! Tell your builder to use Harris! Tell your finisher to call Harris! We are the biggest pump company in central Arkansas. We have a variety of pump sizes for all your needs. We are equipped for any situation that may arise & have the most experienced operators in the state! Of course I couldn’t pass up this opportunity to advertise! I’ll even give AHSCS members a discount! Our office 501-868-5579 or company cell 501-580-5501
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

Ajudy300

Re: Official Resignation

Post by Ajudy300 »

Thank you for your years of service Ruth! You, your family, and your scoring crew have been fantastic to work with over the years.

Lil Smoke

Post by Lil Smoke »

Sorry to see you go! We'll miss you!
Thanks,
Keegan_

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

Ruth you have been a steady hand and guiding leader for the Series. I know that under your term of service the Series has flourished. Thank you for all those times you wisely advised other officers and promoters on issues and rules related to fair competition. Thank you for the excellent work on implementing pre-race entries that make race morning far more efficient than ever before, thank you for all those times you’ve opened the scoring trailer door late on a Saturday afternoon after practice to scan helmets, thank you for those days that you advised a promoter to hold that line a minute longer because there’s a PeeWee mom or dad who is running just a little behind, thank you for all those countless times you encouragingly “Wooo Hooo’ed” at racers going through that scoring chute, thanks for being a devout scholar AND follower of the Series Rulebook. Thank you for the diplomacy and wise judgement on those times when a protest or rule infraction had to be adjudicated. Thank you for all those other little things you have done to make races and the Series better in general. It is crystal clear how much you care about AHSCS and its families.

A special thanks to Scott as well for all of his work and volunteered time. There’s no question both of you have generously given of your time to springboard AHSCS to where it is today. You’ve both given far more of your time than most. It’s an earned retirement and I’m certain you’ll mentor well this coming year. You set the bar high and you’ll cheer the next Scoring Director to achieve another bar even higher.

So what I really want to know now is…., does this mean that we’ll get to cheer for you and see you line up on the women’s row next year?
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Kent Bradford

Post by Kent Bradford »

Thank you Ruth for your time and dedication. As a promoter, I can honestly say that you have made our jobs so much easier. Your guidance has helped me in numerous ways. I can promise you that the Arkansas Dirt Riders will miss you greatly. Good luck and God’s blessings to you and your family.