Cedar Creek Rocked

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Patrick

Cedar Creek Rocked

Post by Patrick »

I was fortunate to have a wife that talked me into a hotel Saturday night so we missed out on sleeping in the cold rain.
The track was fun and well laid out. I like that it was spectator friendly
Too me this track is what cross country racing should look like. The track had some tight single track but more importantly had plenty of wide sections to pick a new line to pass or be passed safely.
Track was marked well.
Saturday was a great time riding with friends. I know I've said this before but Saturday riding adds so much value to an expensive weekend. Many times the only riding I get between races is the Saturdays on race weekends. Thank you
A little over 2 laps the air molecules in the back tire escaped their confinement. I rode on figuring the back wheel would let me know when it could no longer propel me forward.

Great job by everyone involved.

Today I'm aching (lol) to go again!

Nate Siria

Re: Cedar Creek Rocked

Post by Nate Siria »

Thanks for all of the hard work putting the course together. You all did a great job with setting the course and running the race. Big thanks.
Nate Siria - 141
KTM 250 XC - 2006

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

Sure wish I could have made this race. From the photos I've seen and knowing how it was last year I hate I missed out.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Clew540

Post by Clew540 »

Patrick said it. The course was well marked I didnt blow any of the corners which sad to say is a first. I really like that we were able to ride saturday. I was concerned that the rain was going to ruin the track but I believe it was what the track needed. The dirt throughtout the whole track I thought was awesome. I did well in this race I got a 3rd Place finish in B open out of 11 riders. I fell numerous times a couple of times at speed but luckly the bike didnt die on the fast crashes lol. Had a lot fun and hope to do this race again next year. Really quick got to say thanks to Mossy Creek Cycle I wouldn't be racing without them and glad I could bring 3rd place finish of points to the team.

Thanks to the crew that worked on the course to get it ready for the race. I know its a lot of work but you guys did a awesome job. Again thank you for allowing saturday riding.
Coy Lewallen
2013 98 YZ400F D Open #600
2014 98 Ktm200mxc B Open #236

tashasims

Post by tashasims »

Patrick....that is awesome riding with a flat...next time, take your seat off and ride without a seat for several laps...lol

I hate we missed this one. I had my alarm set for 3am but slept right through it and several people trying to wake me up. Our crawfish boil was the night before and I guess I was completely exhausted!!! Next year we will have it on an off weekend and invite all. It was great. The band was wonderful and the rain didn't start til late. See ya all in a few weeks.....

ZacCrowl

Post by ZacCrowl »

For me this is race was what AHSCS is all about. Family, friends, and racing!

Saturday, I made a few laps hanging a few extra arrows, and ripping down some face slappers. Enjoyed some time with friends and fixing a certain someones bike. :mrgreen: .
Had a great evening with the Mulherns and fed me well.

Sunday, the weather quickly shaped up nicely, kids were enjoying their course and folks kept rolling in.
Kaylee had a great battle all day with Crystal and Ashley. Proud of her for continuing to get braver about twisting that throttle! Finished in 2nd, after several soil samples.

12:30 the flag dropped on the big race. I got the holeshot and held it for awhile, then Brett made a move on me, we literally went back and forth all day. I hit a tree very HARD, and smashed my pipe, but I recovered and got back on to chase him down again. My crossfit training really kicked in this weekend as I felt nearly as good at the end of the race as I did the beginning. Brett and I raced our way up to only being behind Parker. Familiar territory for all of us, always trying to chase that guy down! Lappers were a challenge all day and most all them showed courtesy as we came by them. A few folks piled on a short sloppy hill left the door open for me to take an alternate line and put some distance between Brett and I. I had my fast sections where i would gap him, then he had his where he would pull me close again. Mixed in with us was Preston, who is always fast. Jordan was not far behind us at all and could have taken advantage of any major mistake one of us made.
I crossed about 20secs before Brett, and took home a win. Getting a win is never easy, it's been even tougher in the A-Open class for me the last 2years, so I was more than happy with this one.

Thanks to Mike for giving us a place to race and doing whatever the officers needed to make the day run smoother.
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion