Doug True

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
RuthGould

Doug True

Post by RuthGould »

Shellly Brown says Doug has 6 broken ribs as well as well as his left shoulder blade. All the trama is on his left side, and he was just transferred to ICU.

I would like to publicly apologize about the comments I made about the helicopter. I am so sorry! I had no idea Doug was getting a ride in it! I put my foot in my mouth there!

Praying for Doug to have a full, speedy recovery.
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

ncj01

Re: Doug True

Post by ncj01 »

Does anyone have an update on Doug?

Perhaps the name of the hospital so we can call and check on him?

Thanks

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

Confirmed Doug True is at Baptist Health Medical Center in Little Rock.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

gduncan

Post by gduncan »

Stopped to see Doug today in good spirits but still short of breath from the collapsed lung, he ask to keep him in your prayers.

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

Latest from his wife early this afternoon-
Trauma doctor says both lungs are partially collapsed on top but will not require chest tube at this time. Had planned to move him out of ICU until he got short of breath when physical therapist stood him up. Currently he is sitting on a chair and eating. Not sure what the plan will be for the shoulder blade.

Blyoth

Post by Blyoth »

I saw Doug this morning. He is out of ICU and in a step down unit. He is up walking with assistance. He made 3 laps around the unit today. His lap times were down a little bit. I smoked him on the first two laps but he started catching me on the last lap. I had to wick it up before he tried to put a pass on me. :D His lungs still have not fully inflated yet but as soon as they do I think they will release him to go home.

Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

Went and saw Doug at his house tonight, still in a lot of pain but in very good spirits and walked outside to meet us on the driveway.....(didn't stay long though). Had a good visit with he & Lori...still making progress

djt

Post by djt »

I want to thank my AHSCS family for getting me out of the woods and taking care of my stuff. Most importantly thanks for the visits and prayers, they were powerful. I'm at home recovering, getting a little better everyday (Guess God is not done with me yet). Thanks to Keith and his wife for ministering to Lori in the hospital. Thanks Bruce for the moto mag (doc wasnt happy about that lol) You all are an awesome group.

ZacCrowl

Post by ZacCrowl »

Doug, I know we are all glad it wasn't worse than it could have been. Not a good site to see a fellow friend/racer taken out on a stretcher. :( Keep healing up and come see us all soon.
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion