Sturkie Road on Deck!

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Shane

Sturkie Road on Deck!

Post by Shane »

We checked out the course a while back and put together some ideas for this year's course. Things are looking really good. We are making some very significant changes that we think you will like. What kind of changes? Well, imagine Sturkie with the worst rock sections removed. For this year we are removing the 4 toughest rock sections- both hill climbs and both rock section around the base of Goat Hill(Shaw's Knob). This will shorten the lap some, but combined with other changes, I estimate the lap will still be a little over 7 miles. Fast flowing single track. Lots of elevation change, creek crossings, and varied terrain. From dirt to sand to rocks. Expect the "easiest" Sturkie yet, but make no mistake, it's still gonna be Sturkie. And it's gonna be GOOD!

Long course will be open for grooving from 4-6 Saturday and live band Saturday night around 7. Good camping(no hook ups) and the $5 gate fee covers it all.

Superman and I will be up there camping and working starting this coming weekend through race day, and Trav will be there starting Wednesday. I will update when trail is tied together and marked. If anyone is in the neighborhood and would like to help out, feel free to pop in.

See you all soon!

ZacCrowl

Re: Sturkie Road on Deck!

Post by ZacCrowl »

Always look forward to Sturkie!!!
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

I'm so excited to race Sturkie this year. I can't quite put my finger on what its is about this race? Why do I like it so much? Maybe its because of all the fire-side chats about days gone by when men raced it bare knuckled with open face helmets and no roost guards, or maybe its the section near the creek where nearly 20 years of berms seem as though they were sculpted into place, or maybe it's just the latitude of where it's at in Missouri... umm I mean Arkansas. Anyways... if you have not raced Sturkie trust me it is special.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Shane

Post by Shane »

Pic of the 2014 Sturkie Shirt is posted on the series facebook page, my facebook page, and the Sturkie Road event page there, too. Will try to get it posted here later. Available at the race for $15 in heather gray or pink. Proceeds from shirts and race fees going to support the efforts of the RiderDown Foundation.See y'all soon!

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

Details right here ya'll http://www.ahscs.com/2014-sturkie-road/

LOVE THIS YEAR's SHIRT DESIGN!
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Shane

Post by Shane »

Sturkie bound!!!

Shane

Post by Shane »

Reroutes are done, a couple of new sections hacked out, and the loop is tied together. Lenngth is 6.7 miles. This is the shortest loop for us in many years, but still not too short. We cut out a lot of the roughest stuff. Expect to carry the mail at this one.

"Grass roots woods racing at it's finest!"

Shane

Post by Shane »

There will be no concessions at the race this year. So bring your own vittles and dranks.

Shane

Post by Shane »

Course is arrowed. Everything looking good. Got some rain the past couple of days, but course is in good shape. Deepest creek crossing is @8 inches.

Shane

Post by Shane »

Rain has held off and course is in really good shape. Expect the "easiest" and fastest Sturkie yet. See you soon!

JWEBB

Post by JWEBB »

Course conditions today could not have been better! I thought with the rain this week there would have been more water but the only few low spots and the creeks was all that held water, so mud and dust will not be any problem. Course was great flowing Sturkie single track! If you miss this one you will miss a Great course. See you on the Goat trails tomorrow!!
116 A35+
Empty Pockets Racing
Motorsport Mission
JNEMotorsports