Thank You From Japtons on Fire and The Japton Fire Dept.

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Travisdupriest

Thank You From Japtons on Fire and The Japton Fire Dept.

Post by Travisdupriest »

I hope everyone that came out had a good time. I know that the track became very challenging at a couple spots. I raced with you guys.

Sorry for anyone that took the 11 mile dirt road scenic route through banjo land. That was recommended by google maps.

Pros- Thank you for being flexible with you parking area and doing a signing for the kids at the starting area.

Overall the race was a success. The proceeds from gate fee, concessions, tees raise between $1400 and $1500. Thank You everyone for showing up and supporting this community. This is one of the largest fund raisers the Japton Fire Department has ever had.

Special thanks to all those that helped me on the track: Coy, Cassie, Arista, Kenison, Andrew ,Chris, Orion and Casey.
2014-2017 Vice President
2016-2017 #341 B35+
2014-2015 #541 C35+
2013 #741 D35+
2012 #851 Beginner Vet

ShelbyJohnson

Re: Thank You From Japtons on Fire and The Japton Fire Dept.

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

I would say a massive thanks to the Dupriest family and especially Travis. I have an idea of how much effort he put into the course. Great marking and a challenging flow. To him Coy Lewallen and all of of the others who worked on the course, A great big thank you.

I'd also like to say a special thanks to Robert Samuels who owns the farm where we raced. He did a lot of work for the result.

I want thank all of the Japton Fire Department too. I felt safe at every hairy section where there seemed to be a feller or two in a neon vest who gave a push on the bottle necks. This was nearly a home race for me and I know the money raised will go to an important cause.

Thank you Amy and Karen at registration. Always a smile and a wish good luck. I caught a section of no line and so I swept right through there.

Thanks to Ruth and the timing / scoring crew (AKA - Amy & Karen again you guys!) And the results online - Lightening fast!

Thank you Rob & Tracy Toole for the sweetest pit spot EVAR! I was lucky to not need it but if I did it was good knowing they are always there!

Thank you Lance Smith of Smith ATV & Cycle for always showing up and having the essentials. I always seem to forget something and this round I forgot tear-offs for my X Brand Goggles. No problem, because Smith was track-side with a supply.

I would also like to say a short word to the Pro Racers who gave their time to be heroic and share their autographs and spend time with our youth. You may not realize the importance of that bit of time but like it or not YOU guys are awesome and we all look up to you. Every person, fan, racer, who has that kid inside ( like me ) wants to be fast like you. Keep on being our heroes and sharing yourselves, your time, especially with our kids.

I want to say a big thanks to Mrs Gunpowder and my family pit crew. It was fantastic having them all there. I love them all.

Finally thanks to Cycle Gear, Dunlop, Factory Connections, FMF Racing, Vortex Racing and EKS X Brand Goggles. Every little bit helps and they all help me, if even a little bit.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop