DJM Hare Scamble

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Ajudy300

DJM Hare Scamble

Post by Ajudy300 »

Next up is Rd 10 Darrell Judy Memorial Hare Scramble. For race course updates and other info about the race, check out the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/djmharescramble . We have made lots of changes for the venue including a building for concessions and Sign-up / Scoring, and also changes to the layout of the course to get rid of those gnarly off camber climbs that made for lots of bottle necks. We have spent the last 4 weekends out there moving rocks to make the track more fun and safer to rail. :D There is a flier posted on this site that has the race location directions and info on the Saturday activities that the whole family can participate in. So if there is room bring a fourwheeler for your wife and either a head light for your bike or have some flashlights and duct tape. There will be a moto rodeo, poker run, and a evening/night ride. There are ponds that the kids can fish out of. So pack up the whole family and toys and come join us for the 3rd Annual DJM Hare Scramble on Oct 12.

Hope to see you there!!!

DJM Crew

Patrick

Re: DJM Hare Scamble

Post by Patrick »

Sounds like a great family weekend
This will be my first time at this race
Can't wait

dlcgod

Post by dlcgod »

What is the timeline for Saturday?
Thanks

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Pre ride will run from 12-dark. Leaves have started to fall and track is hard to see. The rodeo will be around 4pm followed by the poker run and the night ride will be after dark for those who are interested in participating. These events are free and we have prizes to hand out for the winners. Practice will cost see flyer http://www.ahscs.com/2014-djm but will also be open during the other events you would rather just ride. Practice may also be cut short if rain becomes an issue. We would rather preserve the trail for the race Sunday.any other questions feel free to ask

ZacCrowl

Post by ZacCrowl »

Looking forward to it, sounds like a great weekend in store!
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Had a few questions brought up that I think need to be shared.

If it is rainy, will there still be practice Saturday?

Yes, up until the point I think the riding is worsening trail conditions. The leaves have started to fall and the trail is hard to see at this time. Pre riding will still be beneficial so yes it will still go on. The moto rodeo and the poker run and night ride will also still go on as planned.

Any hotels/ Motels near the race location?

Nearby towns that have recommended places to stay are Fayetteville or Clarkesville.

and finally the question most are probably wondering....

The forecast shows rain for three straight days before the race. How will the course hold up to all of this rain?

This area has a lot of elevation change. All of the rain that doesn't soak in goes to the runoff creeks and washes away. This is almost the exact same forecast for three years in a row now so most people know to expect a slick when wet, hard base ground. There aren't any mud bogs that I am aware of. We took out all of what I considered problem areas (bottle neck areas) and replace them with easier trail no matter what the race condition is.

We put in a lot of man hours to make this race the best it can be. We are prepared and look forward to seeing all of our racing family and friends this weekend. Come have some fun!! Race weekend is officially here!!

K1kayaker

Post by K1kayaker »

Great job on the course Andrew and crew did a stellar job getting this place ready for us to ride . Enjoyed getting back on the bike sure was fun !!!
Thanks