Darrell Judy Memorial Thanks!

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
ShelbyJohnson

Darrell Judy Memorial Thanks!

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

Up front. If I forgot someone... then Thanks. Thank you. Thank you. Thanks!

After the race I witnessed what it means to be a Hare Scramble Racer... Guts... lots of guts. Fight... lots of fight. Heart... lots of heart. Glory… yes, you bet… in spades! Unstoppable… only a few but not for long… no not long at all. Racers all but one on the long course, finished their race and left it all out there. I hate it for you reading this thinking well,… I'm not in the points, or I didn't want to face the clean up, or well what ever your excuse might have been… If you are a Hare Scramble Racer at your truest heart then… well your were there. You raced, you got fight, heart, moxie, you had guts and my respect!

FOREMOST - Andrew Judy - you embodied ALL that is great about AHSCS. Perseverance under adverse conditions. The heart of a racer, that says no matter how hard, never give up beats in everyone; but in this case, you; Andrew have out shined your peers. The organization was excellent, the course, excellent, the amenities excellent, the food excellent, and the camaraderie also excellent. This race honors a legend and the whole situation was legendary. The hardness of metal is tempered by flame and this weekend's weather tempered all. But Andrew's leadership and knowing what it takes to put on an epic event was clear. He'd laid the ground work with a good crew several weeks in advance. All the volunteers who helped Andrew with the course should be thanked. I don't know all their names but thank you. The weather took a sour turn and Andrew adjusted throttle and course accordingly. It worked as good as you can possibly make it. I know he had a lot of help but I'm laying credit at the feet where it is due. Andrew Judy, you did better than good all things considered.

Registration staff - smooth as usual. Thanks to everyone who played that role.

Scoring… yes thank you again. Ruth and her help plus Scott included. Thanks.

Rick Gardner, thank you so much for the help during the PeeWee Race. Jacob Hyatt you too! All the encouragement was much appreciated by our first time racer and dad. Thanks to all the course workers who helped racers stay safe.

Special thanks to the road crossing safety personnel, I was lucky to have the green flag every time I crossed the road and they did a great job of waving us across.

Phillip Grist… dang man! Bench press, 350, dead lift 400, and huck a Kodiak 450 into the trailer all by yourself! I wish I was half that strong! Thank you.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the raffle and fund raiser for the Siria's.

Thanks Tamie Cochrane for the everything you did to make the weekend fun.

I know there are many more course workers, helpers, trail cutters, assistants and supporters who helped put on the race and I wish I knew all their names to list them here and thank them too for the work and effort they put into the course and the event.

I want to thank Mrs Gunpowder for letting us play all weekend, it was fun to bring my Luke.

Finally, thanks to Cycle Gear, Dunlop, Factory Connection, FMF, X Brand Goggles, and Vortex for supporting me this year.

Look forward to the Crossroads race in November and sending the 2014 season out with a bang!
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Ajudy300

Re: Darrell Judy Memorial Thanks!

Post by Ajudy300 »

Thanks for the kind words Shelby. I would like to thank everyone who came out to race despite the muddy conditions. We enjoyed having everyone out to play all weekend long. The muddy barrell races Saturday were extremly fun. I can still feel the fun in my left shoulder from when I flopped on the ground... ;) I apologize to those who left early Saturday. My poor time management skills had me running behind schedule. Those that did stay and participate, I hope u had as good of time ad I did. Only a few of us went on the night ride / poker run. It was awesome and those that missed the Saturday events missed a lot of fun and some good memories. We look forward to next year and can't wait to do it all over again.

K1kayaker

Post by K1kayaker »

Got to agree was a awesome event. I dont get to get on the bike very often so it a real treat for me in almost any kind of conditions. Our class had a desent turn out and was fun mixing it up again. Congrates to Sam Martin who won in convincing fashion. It goes to show you you can have lots of good competition in any class and thats what makes these race's fun! :D Also very cool to have a nice momento after having the pleasure of riding with Darrell to have one of his awards to a race in his name is pretty cool!

ZacCrowl

Post by ZacCrowl »

I think we all said the same thing last weekend "Andrew can't catch a break from mother nature!" That being said, the course held up unbelievably well. There was only 1 or 2 hills that were a minor issue. All the staff was super friendly and the food was great. Lot of race giveaway and raised more money for the Siria Family. I was all ready for the night ride, but then I got tired and cold and decided to just go to bed, I suspect I might have gotten hurt. :mrgreen:

Thanks for a great weekend, Andrew
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

Clew540

Post by Clew540 »

Sorry for the late post. But i got to say my thank you as well. I agree with everything that everyone has said. Andrew put on a great race and weekend. I loved this race even with the mud. I guess I was having an ON day. But again a big thank you to all that was invovled in the weekends activities. Also was curious if any one had pictures of the race I saw several cameras taking pictures.
Coy Lewallen
2013 98 YZ400F D Open #600
2014 98 Ktm200mxc B Open #236