Officer nominations 2015

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
RuthGould

Officer nominations 2015

Post by RuthGould »

2015 Nominations are now open!

Only active members shall be eligible to hold office in the AHSCS. In the event of a vacancy in any of the elective offices, the President shall nominate one of members to fill the vacated office. If there are no willing nominees, the vacant officer position may be filled by another officer for the length of the term.

Active members shall be entitled to hold elected office & vote in AHSCS affairs AS A PROMOTER OR OFFICER, and to win any prizes in AHSCS activities.

Terms: The terms of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Scoring Director, Contingency Director, and Webmaster will commence on January 1 of each year and end on December 31 of the same year. All officers shall hold offices for twelve months or until their successors are elected. In the event not enough volunteers are willing to serve as an officer, the vacant officer position may be filled by another officer for the length of the term. The Officers will also act as the BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

Duties of the Board of Directors:
• To act for the corporation in all matters ordered by the corporation.
• To properly investigate and present to the corporation all business or important activity situations.
• To make final decisions upon member expulsions.
• To have general control over all AHSCS affairs.

All officers will receive:
  • 1 Free series membership. This cannot be applied to any immediate family. It only applies to the person holding a series position. That person must have been either a paid member or officer the preceding year.
    Free gate entry for themselves
    1 free race entry, that may be applied to an immediate family member.
    Scoring Directors will receive the same as above plus a second free gate entry for immediate family.
JOB DUTIES

President:
  • To preside at all meetings of the AHSCS.
    To have general supervision of the affairs of the AHSCS.
    To act as Public Relations contact and first contact of all matters regarding AHSCS.
    To make sure the proper registered agent and contact information is updated with the Secretary of States' Office.
    To appoint any person or committee not otherwise ordered by the AHSCS.
    To personally represent the AHSCS on proper occasions and business contacts.
    To assist all other officers of the AHSCS in their records, correspondence and other activities.
    To vote only when necessary to break a tie.
Vice President:
  • To perform the duties of the President in his absence.
    Public Relations to aid promoters in promoting AHSCS events.
    To keep a record of the meetings of the AHSCS.
    To send out notices of regular meetings of the AHSCS.
    To perform such other duties as generally fall to that office.
    To act as Secretary of AHSCS.
Treasurer:
  • To collect dues from all the AHSCS members.
    To collect all other moneys due the AHSCS.
    To pay all bills incurred by the AHSCS.
    Act as Insurance Communications Officer (ICO)

Contingency Director:
  • Responsible for all competitive awards and AHSCS championships.
    Obtain series sponsors.
    Report race results to manufacturers and sponsors.
    Assist President at Awards Banquet.
Scoring Director:
  • Coordinate and manage the "Scoring Staff" make sure there are enough "Scoring Staff" for sign ups and scoring.
    Haul all scoring equipment to and from all races. This includes:
    • large silver box with wheels that holds majority of scoring supplies
      Scoring reader arch
      fence poles and PVC pipe for scoring area
      pop ups to prevent rain from damaging equipment
      signs for classes, sign up, etc.
      3 drawer organizer
      2 laptops
      printer box
    Set up sign up and scoring area at each race.
    Print and bring plenty of copies of the following forms:
    • Race release forms
      New membership forms
      Back up sheets
      Land Owner Waivers
    Collect new Membership Forms and Fees.
    Collect Transponder Fees and hand out transponders.
    Send all monies collected and/or records of deposits made to AHSCS to the Treasurer.
    Enter the rider (membership and race entries) into the computer.
    Provide AA (Pro) Payout amounts to the promoter.
    Collect Scoring fees and distribute accordingly.
    Printout Starting Line check/info sheets to the promoter before each race.
    Coordinate the back check, might need some assistance from the promoter.
    Post results to moto-tally online and manage all operations within the moto-tally website.
    Place supply orders with Treasurer.
Webmaster :
  • The webmaster maintains and updates the AHSCS website. The person selected must possess the skill to perform this task.
    Creates or assists in creating flyers for each even and post them to the webpage.
    Updating document links as needed.
    Update directions to race locations.
    Create and distribute event calendars.
    *I cannot even begin to understand all of the duties of the Webmaster. I'm sure there is a whole lot more to this list.

Officers and Promoter Votes: Each individual that fills an officer or promoter position will have one (1) vote. All eligible voters may select a proxy to cast their vote. The President shall vote only in the event of a tie.

Current President: Zac Crowl
Current VP: Travis Dupriest
Current treasurer: Donny Whitfied
Current Webmaster: Shelby Johnson
Current Contingency officer: Yvonne Schwindt
Current Scoring Director: Ruth Gould

If you are nominated, either accept or decline the nomination. If you accept the nomination, please tell us a bit about yourself.
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

RuthGould

Re: Officer nominations 2015

Post by RuthGould »

I would love to continue as scoring director if you will have me!

Most of you know me but for those who don't... I am married to Scott Gould & we have 3 boys, one of which is off at college most of the time. I live in Ward. I work for a pest control company in North Little Rock & have been there for over 6 years. I have been described by my boss as one of those loud Texas football moms, but I am an extremely kind person & try to treat everyone like I would want to be treated. I'm just a little loud. Lol!

I have missed 1 race in the last 3 years & don't foresee any circumstances preventing me from continuing as scoring director.
Scoring Director
[email protected]

wfopete

Post by wfopete »

I nominate Shelly Brown for PREZ.

Do I hear a second?
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

jayriverroad

Post by jayriverroad »

Not real sure how to do this. But I am happy with all the current officers and feel they have really worked hard at making some positive changes. As a promoter and having a child racing I have been very pleased with everyone. Each officer has made an effort to improve the series along with listing and taking an interest in new ideas. I feel this group has really placed the series a step above where we were, new web site, more involved, much more organized, rider numbers are up and race site quality has improved. I would like to see the current list of officers stay as they are and give them the chance to continue implementing some new changes and improvements. With that said I would like to nominate each officer back to their current position. Not sure if you are suppose to do that as a group, but if I need to nominate each one at a time I will do that.

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Second Jay's nominations. I like where the series is headed and if these people want to continue their roles as officers in 2015 I am all for it.

RuthGould

Post by RuthGould »

I added to my original post. Sorry it took me a bit to get all the duties, perks, responsibilities, etc. added. I figured folks needed to know what they were getting themselves into. :D
Scoring Director
[email protected]

RuthGould

Post by RuthGould »

Officer nominations will close on November 15th.
Scoring Director
[email protected]

Shellyahscs

Post by Shellyahscs »

A- I'm not an active member this year (Winston is)
and B- I really am not interested even if Pete is able to get a 2nd.

I REALLY LIKE THE GROUP WE HAVE!! AND I REALLY LIKE GOING TO THE RACES AND DOING NOTHING.......... :D

ZacCrowl

Post by ZacCrowl »

I accept the nomination for President

I live in Batesville with my two daughters, Kaylee and Hannah. I work as an engineer for TWH enterprises and have for 15yrs. I own 7 rental properties and chase kids to lots of volleyball.

I've been racing since 2011 and am active in the ADR, as well.

I hope to continue to work with the other officers and promoters to build a better series every year and every race.
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

Travisdupriest

Post by Travisdupriest »

I accept my nomination for Vice President.

My family and I have absolutely loved being a part of this racing family. I am a retired fire fighter from Fayetteville and own "Mossy Creek Cycle and ATV" a small independent shop in Madison County. I really want to see this sport and our series grow, to provide the same fun and enjoyment to others as it has for my family.
I have also enjoyed being one of the officers for the series this past year. Mainly because of the other officers. I have never worked with a group so willing to work with each other to resolve things that come up. Even when we don't agree, this is one diplomatic group and gets handled very professionally.
Thank You for letting me be a part of this during 2014, and hopefully 2015.

SEE YOU AT CROSSROADS!
2014-2017 Vice President
2016-2017 #341 B35+
2014-2015 #541 C35+
2013 #741 D35+
2012 #851 Beginner Vet

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

I accept the batch nomination. I would be pleased to continue serving as WebMaster for the series. 2014 was a major overhaul of the site and some good progress was made but there's more to be done.

I entered my first Hare Scramble in 2010 and loved it immediately. I'm still learning how to race and become a better rider and I absolutely enjoy all that our series has to offer. My lovely wife Belinda and I reside in Little Rock. We have a young son, Luke who may be racing this next year in the PeeWee division. I look forward to watching him participate.

If elected, I will continue to find ways to use the website to assist promoters in providing news and information about their events. I will do my best to get new information online as soon as possible. This year I learned a very valuable lesson. Do not assume users can navigate the site with ease. So with that I wanted everyone to know when you visit the site Home Page and you find the Banner at the top which usually is a race promotion banner you should click on it. That navigates you to news and information about the race with more details.

Finally, as a volunteer I'm no expert and if you have suggestions for improvement please let me know and I will try to make the site even better.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne »

I accept nomination to continue as Contingency Officer. I love being an officer and my AHSCS family. I sorry we have not been at as many races this last year, but have had some things we needed to deal with and I started a new job that requires me to work three out of four Saturdays a month. We hope to be back at it full throttle in 2015. I promise to continue working hard to move our series forward and to be here for all racers. Thank you,
Yvonne Schwindt
Contingency