Hard Luck Award?

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
gduncan

Hard Luck Award?

Post by gduncan »

So today I got the "award". Ruth ask me what my problems are and I could not make myself complain.
1. Ruth, Karen, and all the others have done very good with signups and scoring all year, thank you for your hard work.
2. Tom, Scott and everyone else involved did a good job laying out todays course. It really sucks to make 1 lap on that much single track.
However, here is my day:
Race weekend started at the fire station my usual prep, new plug, drained carb, new gas, leave gas off til ready to race. This has worked with near perfection for 4 years, but not today. Brads bike didn't start til his whole class was out of site... Finally he is off.
I turn my brain to my bike, will it start? I try it with the row ahead of me, finally it starts. So I let it run til the 10 second flag drops, NOPE didn't work. Finally starts 4 classes later, but I am ahead of D class. Bike feels great. I catch Donnie and Ambros pretty fast. Start to pass and catch a small tree between my brake pedal and frame and come to a screeching stop. I kick it out and I am off again. I pass a few riders and see JoJo stuck in a rut.
Yep I am rolling, I roll through a curve in 3rd gear, that's unheard of for me but everything seems to be clicking along. Blast down a long straight section then try to shift down when I get to a tight spot, crap my shifter is gone. I figure out the little nob is broke but manage to shift with the arm. Keep digging, then for no reason it just kills over, I set for 2 full laps. Kicking, cranking, nothing... then for no reason at all it just fires up. I finish my one lap.

ZacCrowl

Re: Hard Luck Award?

Post by ZacCrowl »

Gary,
I saw you sitting there and couldn't figure out if your were stuck or what, obviously i didn't stop to help, sorry..lol

Glad you at least went home with a little something besides a broke bike.
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

gduncan

Post by gduncan »

I pushed my bike into a rut so I could kick it better, still didn't work.

jayriverroad

Post by jayriverroad »

Hurry and get that new Yamaha !!!!!!!!