YEM topic Gate Fee keep same or increase?

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Travisdupriest

YEM topic Gate Fee keep same or increase?

Post by Travisdupriest »

Gate Fee- Possible rate increase general consensus is to increase across the board to all races if an increase is to be made.

Increase would help promoters how do you think it would affect race participation?

How much increase would be reasonable to members if any?

Post by Rob:
Gate Fee: Hate to because it hurts when you bring family and friends. Suggest charging by Vehicle
2014-2017 Vice President
2016-2017 #341 B35+
2014-2015 #541 C35+
2013 #741 D35+
2012 #851 Beginner Vet

jayriverroad

Re: YEM topic Gate Fee keep same or increase?

Post by jayriverroad »

I think $10 is not asking too much, It will allow the promoter to have a little more free money to invest in his race. If the promoter makes a little money they are more excited for the next year and will give you a better race. We pay $5 at the gate to go race, but most places I know charge $20 to just go practice. I am not at all wanting to make it hard on the riders, But when a promoter spends months working to put on a race, takes time off of work, spends money out of their own pocket, just to break even or make $300, ( and some loose money ) I think $10 isn't asking too much.
Here is what the promoter is responsible for :
Insurance
Trophies
Port o potties
EMT"S
Pro payout
Hole shot money
Tee Shirts
Some trail supplies
Some have to rent land, or rent the track
Pay the series
Pay scoring
These are the obvious expenses, Does not count time, labor, equipment use, fuel so on and so on. I Love this series, we all do, each promoter does this to keep the series going, not to get rich, but the expenses add up, I don't mind telling, It cost me $6500 plus change to put on Rumble on the red in 2014. I did make a little back, but not a drop in the bucket to cover the track damage I have to repair so yall can have a good race next year.

seanpowell

Post by seanpowell »

Maybe $10 for non riders and keep it at $5 for racers.

dlcgod

Post by dlcgod »

I'm just thinking out loud here, so don't bite my head off.

Why not up the membership fee. A $5 gate fee increase for a family of 3 is over a $150 for the year of racing, increase the membership fee $20 or whatever, that way its a one time cost increase. The board was talking about paying for the promoters insurance or helping with it, they can use the extra membership fees to do that.

Also how much would doing away with plaques for the adults save a promoter? Just give them to the kids?

Mjones

Post by Mjones »

Speaking from a family of 5 who didn't miss a race this season, doubling the gate fee to $10 each would significantly affect our ability to do that again. We would have to be much more selective about the races we chose to attend. If such a significant gate fee is necessary, we would ask that you at least consider capping the gate fee amount for an immediate family (arriving in the same vehicle) at $25-$30.

Clew540

Post by Clew540 »

I can see upping the gate fee will drop attendence. The only thing I can come up with that would help the promotors, but also not break the racing families. I say age 15 and up $10, 15 and down $5, then up to the promotor to choose what age group gets in free. I think that way for most race families may only have to pay an extra $10 on top of what they normally spend. Then depending how invovled you want to get you could do non-members $15 for adults and $10 for kids. Of course members would be what I said above. Make being a member you get $5 off gate fee and race entry. I know raising the cost of anything will cause a drop in racers, but I feel doing it this way it would help the promotor but also keep the racers showing up to the races.
Coy Lewallen
2013 98 YZ400F D Open #600
2014 98 Ktm200mxc B Open #236