Race Location Poll

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!

Out of state race

Yes-I'll race wherever
68%
No-Keep our races in Arkansas
21%
Maybe-depends on my location to it.
11%

Total votes: 19

ZacCrowl

Race Location Poll

Post by ZacCrowl »

There is the possibility of a new race location but it is out of state. For some it would be no further drive than any other harescramble for others (NW ark) it would be in the 5-6hr range.

As we all know race locations and promoters are few and far between. The series used to race in surrounding states as "shootouts" or "battle of the states" sort of idea. We currently do this with Rumble on the Red as it draws in alot of out of state guys. I feel like it's time to branch out and get more creative with the series, but I don't want to hurt our members, especially those going for ironman.

Please vote!!!
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

Justin66

Re: Race Location Poll

Post by Justin66 »

I want to give you guys a little information on what you're voting on. The race location would be in my hometown of Martin TN. From my house, it takes about an hour to get to Paragould. You can take 412 all the way from Fayetteville and get to my house in 6 hours. Or you can swing down through Little Rock and take the interstate the whole way to the town of the race. It takes about 3.5 - 4 hours from little rock on the interstate. It took me 6 hours to get to Jay Hackets race last year in Fulton AR.

I would be the Promoter. For those of you that dont know me, I was the AHSCS series Prez in 2012, and I helped Andrew run his event (DJM) for 2012 and 2013.

As Crowl said, back in the 2000's we had races in all surrounding states. We had one in Louisiana in 2003, Texas (not Texarkana) around 04 or 05, Saulsbury TN for a couple of years in 03 - 05, down in Mississippi for a year or two in that time frame, and most of the new riders will remember the Missouri race somewhere around 08-2010, and even today Boogieville is technically in Oklahoma. Dont let a different state scare you away.

There are several Pros and one Con to this.

Pros
-No rocks
-New venue with seasoned Promoter
-1 mile MX track included
(link to MX track video - http://vimeo.com/65845752 )
-single track through pine trees
(link to single track video - http://vimeo.com/84556821 )
-fast flowing trail on the rest of the track
(link to trail video - http://vimeo.com/35931443 )
-some grass track thrown in
-very spectator friendly
-no big mountains or hills. this place is like Jays in Texarkana with the short bluffs.
-with it being in TN, youll get to ride with a whole new group of people
-several hotels within 10 minutes
-concessions already planned

Con
- its one hour into TN

I dont have a payout plan yet, or holeshot prizes yet, but I will do my best to make it worth the trip. Let me provide you guys with another quality event for your 2015 schedule.
Last edited by Justin66 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

tmulhern

Post by tmulhern »

Count us in! It will be a long drive but we have done that before. Riley happens to be one of Trevors favorite people to trash talk. (For some reason he picks people he has never beat to trash talk!) So bring on the drive.

Shellyahscs

Post by Shellyahscs »

I know right where Paragould, Ar is! LOL This group would be at any race you put on JRub!!

KingRacing

Post by KingRacing »

It would be a long drive for us too, but we'd be in! I love racing over there, it's great terrain! Bring it on guys!

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Count us in. With the lack of racing locations I'm all for adding every race we can. Most of us won't grumble too much about longer distances if we have a good time while we are there.
With Justin's offer what do we have to lose??? Some ppl only make the races within a certain drive time anyway.

I'll go ahead and throw this out now. Saturday riding with the kids, friends and family adds tremendous value to the expense of this series. Without the Saturday trail riding I'm not sure I would have been as addicted as I am.

slamminsam

Post by slamminsam »

Count me in.no rocks,extra race,sounds good.i do like being able to ride on Saturday to make.the trip more enjoyable

Justin66

Post by Justin66 »

Thank yall for the support! Ill do everything I can to make it enjoyable for you. We have several ideas in mind including some sort of free dinner to those that come out Saturday, maybe a demo ride can work itself into the weekend, etc etc etc. Riding on Saturday will be available depending on how the weather treats us. This track is going to be easy, fast, fun, flowing, and when I say spectator friendly I mean it. The moto track, grass track, creek jump (you're gonna wanna clear this), and woods sections are within walking distance to everyone.
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

dlcgod

Post by dlcgod »

Justin what date are you looking at?

Justin66

Post by Justin66 »

Right now I am waiting for the AHSCS officers to decide if they are going to make me a promoter or not. If they choose to, then we can get a date picked out.
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

jrk3130

Post by jrk3130 »

Too far for me. however, my opinion shouldn't carry too much weight. I don't get to make very many races anyway and I'm not racing for points.

jeshey

Post by jeshey »

Justin,

You had me at "-single track through pine trees".

I'd make the trip.
Jesse Heydenreich
AHCSC A-Open 99
NEPG A-30

Rob

Post by Rob »

Sounds nice but too far away. Its not the "out of state" issue. If it was closer to the majority of racers, I wouldn't mind.
FB: ATeam off road racing, Winters Trials Central, http://www.s3parts.com, http://www.kendatire.com/en-us, https://www.klim.com/

JacobHyatt

Post by JacobHyatt »

We are all for adding a race to the series. It's harder to find places to ride now, so let's do it. Yes the drive is terrible, but so is a weekend without riding.
2022-2023 AHSCS President
#84 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#85 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#923 Schoolboy (2023 Beta 350-RE)

KingRacing

Post by KingRacing »

We really are very excited about it! The drive would be ruff! I think it would help a lot more people if this race was during the summer? I think it would help folks be able to make the drive easier, based on work or school/college ext.?

drayhopper

Post by drayhopper »

We would make the trip.

jayriverroad

Post by jayriverroad »

Thanks for the plug and kind words about our place Justin, But we are in Fulton Ar. not Texarkana, Just to clear that up for the ones that may not make the connection, I have been to Justins part of the world, It is very pretty, lots of rolling hills.

tmulhern

Post by tmulhern »

We went to see Justin this weekend and got to help a little on the trail. When he says no rocks he means it! I think there are more rocks at Jays place! (Anybody ever seen a rock at Jays race!?) should be a blast and the drive wasn't horrendous. Looking forward to a great race.