Need help finding suspension tuner or can i do this myself?

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
unclejonny

Need help finding suspension tuner or can i do this myself?

Post by unclejonny »

Hi. Ive got an 06 ktm 200 xcw. I bought it used and pro action has set it up for harescrambles for the previous rider. The fork rebound adjusters just keep turning and now the fork seals are leaking. I dont even know if the springs are correct for my weight. I weigh 160 pounds without gear. The rear spring says eibach 149276 and 89600800. I race the harescrambles here in c open. Can someone point me in the right direction with a local tuner or help me with the spring rates and such? Im a motorcycle mechanic but still new to spring rates and valving and shims and such. I can put in new fork seals my self though. But if there is someone good local that knows what there doing i dont mind spending some money to do this right. Thank you

Billrogers

Re: Need help finding suspension tuner or can i do this myse

Post by Billrogers »

He's not local-Springfield Missouri-but give Terry Brumley a call 417-844-8600. He's best I've found and reasonably priced. I'm sure he'd be glad to help you out.

wfopete

Post by wfopete »

If your rebound adj. keep turning they are likely broken. Not expensive to fix & that type of fork is not hard to rebuild but now you have mystery suspension with broken parts. Spring rates are EZ but valving not so EZ. Stock; 06 XCW forks suck (IMO) but can be made to work great. Might as well get a hand full of cash and take it to a GOOD suspension shop and tell them the story.
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Ditto what Billrogers said.