The Border War - READ THIS!!!

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Justin66

The Border War - READ THIS!!!

Post by Justin66 »

Hey guys. Time is closing in the first ever Border War event being held in Sharon TN. A billion things are running through my head right now so if I forget some key info here, please dont be afraid to ask.

Concessions will be available all day Sunday (including breakfast) brought to you by Rolling Smoke BBQ/ 3J's Food Mart! They are supporting us big time so when you get to TN and have the opportunity to stop in a 3J/s Food Mart, please do so! It doesnt hurt to mention that Rolling Smoke has some championship winning BBQ!

There was a drawing for a free race entry on our Facebook page. Brandy Burns won the free entry for one of her family members.

The gates will open Friday March 6th around 6pm for those wanting to make it a full weekend of camping. If its fire weather we can grab some wood from the woods and make a big fire. Camping is free. You can get big rigs in the parking lot with no problems with trees or limbs.

Gate fee is 5$. 6 and under are free.

-There will be absolutely NO PIT RIDING Friday Saturday or Sunday!

731 592 2879 is my cell. Let me know if you have any questions.
Last edited by Justin66 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

Justin66

Re: The Border War INFO

Post by Justin66 »

According to the 10 day forecast, race weekend will be in the 50's and sunny. Also no rain for 3-4 days before the race either. I know a 10 day forecast is hard to go by, but we are hoping it stays that way.

The track will be roughly 6 miles long. It will be mostly single track, some grass/field track, a 1 mile MX track, and if I have enough time Ill build a small endurocross section in the parking lot. Very spectator friendly. From the parking lot you have access to several spectator points.

The last half mile of the track is going to be epic. It is 100% viewable from the parking lot hill. It is about 12 feet wide going through a tree thicket with several lines available. That section leads to the hard/easy hill section. At the top of the hard hill is the finish line. I wouldnt leave the door open during that last half mile.

And also, NO ROCKS!!!!!!
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

KingRacing

Re: The Border War INFO

Post by KingRacing »

Are you going to be needing any help building that endurocross section on Saturday morning? We may come up on Friday night.

Justin66

Re: The Border War - READ THIS!!!

Post by Justin66 »

*****Race update 3/3/2015*****

With the rain we are expecting Tuesday and the snow on Wednesday, we are cancelling PRACTICE on Saturday. The track will need as much time possible to dry out for Sundays race. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday there will be no rain at all, so lets let the sun soak up everything it can.

We ARE having an open track walk for anyone that wants to come out Saturday. I highly advise you come out for the track walk. Some spots of the track open up pretty wide with ribbon on both sides, this will give you an opportunity to pick you out some good lines. Ill be out there all day Saturday doing everything I can to make it as fun as I can. Ask any promoter, no track is EVER 100% done. There is always something you can do to make it better. Anyone that does the track walk and sees a mistake I missed, youre more than welcome to point it out to me so we can correct the problem.

There is ALOT of track packed onto a small amount of land. On almost the entire track, you can see another part of the track. At every one of these sections, in order to cheat, you will literally have to go through 2 sets up ribbon. In other words, if you cheat, youll know it. IF YOU KNOCK RIBBON DOWN, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO STOP AND PUT IT BACK UP!!!!!

The parking lot will be slick, but we plan on having tractors and 4x4's out there to pull anyone out that cant move. Its a bean field, so it has a hard base with a slick top. 4x4 trucks are fine going through it getting traction.

I HAVE 5 SPOTS FOR BIG RIGS TO PARK ON A PAVED DRIVE WAY AND NOT EVEN TOUCH THE FIELD. Tasha Sims has claimed the 1st spot, so there are 4 remaining spots for big rigs. 731 592 2879 is my cell, the first 4 calls I get have the spots claimed. BIG RIGS ONLY.

Concessions are still good to go. Boxx Tech will be there show-casing the all new Boxx Tech moto boards to keep track of all of your maint records.

We will make a big bonfire Saturday night for those of you wanting to sit around the fire and trash talk.

Its going to be a FUN weekend. Some of the track will be slick, some will be muddy, some will be perfect. Its race week folks, lets do this!
Last edited by Justin66 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

Travisdupriest

Post by Travisdupriest »

Sounds fun! Can't wait! See you Sat night.
2014-2017 Vice President
2016-2017 #341 B35+
2014-2015 #541 C35+
2013 #741 D35+
2012 #851 Beginner Vet

bobby769

Post by bobby769 »

So what your saying is if you have a 2 wheel drive don't come if you like your truck?
Old, but still having fun

Justin66

Post by Justin66 »

No sir, not at all. Im saying that the field should be good to go by Sunday, but I always prepare for the worst.
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

tashasims66

Post by tashasims66 »

Justin
Please cancel my RV site. The roads are bad and the kids will be miserable. I can't put them thru this or risk having an accident. We were really looking forward to this race. I've talked to several people in our group (Approx 20 people) and they are deciding the same. It's just not worth the risk or being miserable due to cold, ice, snow. We all hope the race is cancelled and reset. Some gave the flu but that is not a deciding factor. We all are looking forward to a reset. Good luck to all those who attend and please stay safe if it's not cancelled.

bobby769

Post by bobby769 »

Are we still having the race?
Old, but still having fun

Justin66

Post by Justin66 »

The race is still on. It will be sunny and 45 on Sunday. Looking forward to a good day of racing!
Justin Riley
A-Open #66
2016 KTM 350 SXF
AHSCS Member since 1999

ZacCrowl

Post by ZacCrowl »

Race is on! Sun is shining and roads are fine.
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

KingRacing

Post by KingRacing »

Was anybody taking pictures at this race that wouldn't mind sharing them everybody?