Rumble On The Red 2016

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
jayriverroad

Rumble On The Red 2016

Post by jayriverroad »

Hello everyone,
I have received several calls today questioning why we are not on the schedule for 2016. For those who do not know, we suffered a major flood this past spring. The complete farm was under 3 to 20 foot of water for several weeks. The track took a huge hit. A couple of sections are totally gone now, lots of silted in areas, and lose of undergrowth. A lot of the single track is very open and would be very fast. The roads into the farm were (are) washed making it tough to get in. It is a little heart breaking to see the place, yet it is already looking better. To add to this I have taken a new position with a new company, with this, a big project has feel in my lap that started this past June and will run thru July 2016. So my time has been limited to making repairs on the farm. I have spoke with all the officers and explained my situation. They all were very understanding. I didn't see any way we could be ready by February and be the opening race again, nor give them a set date for any race at this time. The track and the farm are fixable, and we will get it back in shape, its just going to take some time to heal, and time to work it over. I would hate to go into a race with the place half ready, You guys deserve better than that. We are by no means throwing in the towel. WE WILL BE BACK. Our year has just been a mess. I think we made 3 races all year. I do have plans on letting the place heal up, get some growth and laying out new track. We hope to come back bigger and better. With any luck and the river doesn't rise, maybe we can find an open spot closer to the end of the season and still have a race this year. Thanks to everyone for calling and to everyone for understanding our situation. I am staying in contact with the officers on this and I REALLY hope to see more of everyone in 2016. Thank you

KingRacing

Re: Rumble On The Red 2016

Post by KingRacing »

Jay I know that many of us would love to come down and give you a hand! Just post something up somewhere every time you are going out to work on track and I'm sure we can always come up with a few hands!