James Ranch UPDATE

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
ZacCrowl

James Ranch UPDATE

Post by ZacCrowl »

Just wanted to let everyone know what's going on with James Ranch. Pocahontas is getting historical flooding and more is to come. HOWEVER, it seems to be primarily on the east side. Eleven point river has gone down and will continue to recede. I will be back up there this weekend to clear more trail and survey the damage.

WORST case scenario at this time would be moving the start area towards the "Squeeze" and cutting out all creek crossings and field section. This would mostly impact the kids and short. IF that has to happen I WILL make changes to the course for the kids to get their race in too.

I don't expect this to be the case just wanting to give everyone an update. I will continue to update as necessary.

Any questions or concerns please holler 870-805-1772
Whatever class I am fast enough for at the time: 13' 300 XC
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

ZacCrowl

Re: James Ranch UPDATE

Post by ZacCrowl »

5-15-17 UPDATE

spent the weekend working trail at james ranch. Trail is great. Still have the 2 creeks that I can't cross but water continues to drop and I suspect we will be fine race weekend. If not I have a plan. If we get another 1000yr flood I also have a plan. Cancel race.. :D
I've added more woods to the course in some sections where I ran you on jeep road. I've made all the woods sections faster in places that might have been a little tight/technical.

Hope to see ya'll soon.
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion

ZacCrowl

Re: James Ranch UPDATE

Post by ZacCrowl »

Creeks are down and trail is ready. We still will not be doing the field and 2 creek crossings. That will be for warmup area only.

See ya sunday.
14' AHSCS President
11',12' A Vet Champion
14' A-Open Champion