2019 Officer Nomination

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Travisdupriest

2019 Officer Nomination

Post by Travisdupriest »

2019 Officer Nominations

Nominations are now open! Will close Dec 15, 2018

Only active members can nominate another member to hold office. Only active members shall be eligible to hold office in the AHSCS. In the event of a vacancy in any of the elective offices, the President shall nominate one of members to fill the vacated office. If there are no willing nominees, the vacant officer position may be filled by another officer for the length of the term.

Active members shall be entitled to hold elected office & vote in AHSCS affairs AS A PROMOTER OR OFFICER, and to win any prizes in AHSCS activities.

Terms: The terms of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Scoring Director, Contingency Director, and Webmaster will commence on January 1 of each year and end on December 31 of the same year. All officers shall hold offices for twelve months or until their successors are elected. In the event not enough volunteers are willing to serve as an officer, the vacant officer position may be filled by another officer for the length of the term. The Officers will also act as the BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

Duties of the Board of Directors:
• To act for the corporation in all matters ordered by the corporation.
• To properly investigate and present to the corporation all business or important activity situations.
• To make final decisions upon member expulsions.
• To have general control over all AHSCS affairs.

All officers will receive:
1 Free series membership. This cannot be applied to any immediate family. It only applies to the person holding a series position. That person must have been either a paid member or officer the preceding year.
Free gate entry for themselves
1 free race entry, that may be applied to an immediate family member.
Scoring Directors will receive the same as above plus a second free gate entry for immediate family.

JOB DUTIES

President:
To preside at all meetings of the AHSCS.
To have general supervision of the affairs of the AHSCS.
To act as Public Relations contact and first contact of all matters regarding AHSCS.
To make sure the proper registered agent and contact information is updated with the Secretary of States' Office.
To appoint any person or committee not otherwise ordered by the AHSCS.
To personally represent the AHSCS on proper occasions and business contacts.
To assist all other officers of the AHSCS in their records, correspondence and other activities.
To vote only when necessary to break a tie.

Vice President:
To perform the duties of the President in his absence.
Public Relations to aid promoters in promoting AHSCS events.
To keep a record of the meetings of the AHSCS.
To send out notices of regular meetings of the AHSCS.
To perform such other duties as generally fall to that office.
To act as Secretary of AHSCS.

Treasurer:
To collect dues from all the AHSCS members.
To collect all other moneys due the AHSCS.
To pay all bills incurred by the AHSCS.
Act as Insurance Communications Officer (ICO)
Contingency Director:
Responsible for all competitive awards and AHSCS championships.
Obtain series sponsors.
Report race results to manufacturers and sponsors.
Assist President at Awards Banquet.

Contingency:
1. Responsible for all competitive awards and AHSCS championships
2. Obtain sponsors for year end awards banquet, and series sponsors.
3. Report race results to manufacturers.
4. Assist President at Awards Banquet.

Scoring Director:
Coordinate and manage the "Scoring Staff" make sure there are enough "Scoring Staff" for sign ups and scoring.
Haul all scoring equipment to and from all races. This includes:
large silver box with wheels that holds majority of scoring supplies
Scoring reader arch
fence poles and PVC pipe for scoring area
pop ups to prevent rain from damaging equipment
signs for classes, sign up, etc.
3 drawer organizer
2 laptops
printer box
Set up sign up and scoring area at each race.
Print and bring plenty of copies of the following forms:
Race release forms
New membership forms
Back up sheets
Land Owner Waivers

Collect new Membership Forms and Fees
Collect Transponder Fees and hand out transponders
Send all monies collected and/or records of deposits made to AHSCS to the Treasurer
Enter the rider (membership and race entries) into the computer
Provide AA (Pro) Payout amounts to the promoter
Collect Scoring fees and distribute accordingly
Provide starting line check/info sheets to the promoter before each moto
Coordinate the back check, might need some assistance from the promoter
Post results to moto-tally online and manage all operations within the moto-tally website and moto-tally software.
Place supply orders with Treasurer.

Webmaster :
The webmaster maintains and updates the AHSCS website. The person selected must possess the skill to perform this task.
Creates or assists in creating flyers for each even and post them to the webpage.
Updating document links as needed.
Update directions to race locations.
Create and distribute event calendars.
*I cannot even begin to understand all of the duties of the Webmaster. I'm sure there is a whole lot more to this list.

Officers and Promoter Votes: Each individual that fills an officer or promoter position will have one (1) vote. All eligible voters may select a proxy to cast their vote. The President shall vote only in the event of a tie.

Current President: Travis DuPriest
Current VP: Shelby Johnson
Current treasurer: Donny Whitfied
Current Webmaster: Rob Burks
Current Contingency officer: Jacob Hyatt
Current Scoring Director: Ruth Gould

If you are nominated, either accept or decline the nomination. If you accept the nomination, please tell us a bit about yourself
2014-2017 Vice President
2016-2017 #341 B35+
2014-2015 #541 C35+
2013 #741 D35+
2012 #851 Beginner Vet

RuthGould

Re: 2019 Officer Nomination

Post by RuthGould »

I would like to nominate Jacob Hyatt as contingency officer. I think he has done an outstanding job as the current contingency officer and will continue to provide awesome goodies for our series. Not only does he handle sponsorship, he works tirelessly on year end awards, keeps up with team results throughout the year, and has done a magnificent job co-promoting 2 of our best races this year. He has a level head and when it comes to making tough decisions, he is honest and fair. Clearly having this guy around is a benefit to AHSCS!
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

JacobHyatt

Post by JacobHyatt »

I appreciate the nomination and the kind words that Ruth Gould has mentioned and it means a lot to me.

My family joined the series in September 2013 and we have not missed a single AHSCS event since that day. We love the series, we love the families, and we love the relationships that we have developed over the years. Most of those friendships will be lifelong friendships now and we are thankful for the series being a common bond. I will work tirelessly (to a fault) to see our series grow and prosper, and I want nothing more than our series to be the best that it can be. We look forward to a great season and we will see you at 11 of the 12 events next year.

With that being said and with a heavy heart, I am going to decline my nomination for the 2019 Contingency Director position. My family and I still plan to be very involved with the series and we will help anyone that needs help to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. I plan to help the incoming Contingency Director as much as I can.

In case anyone is unaware, all the AHSCS officer positions are filled by VOLUNTEERS that have full time jobs in other areas of expertise. The Officers work year round on issues and changes that will improve our series and I hope everyone realizes the effort that goes into improving AHSCS. If you see an officer make sure and pat them on the back, tell them they are doing a good job, because I promise they do not hear it enough.

Lastly,

I nominate all the current officers (Travis DuPriest, Shelby Johnson, Ruth Gould, Donny Whitfield, and Rob Burks) to fulfill their current positions for the 2019 season.

I also nominated Nicholas Hopkins as my replacement and I believe he will strive to improve the position and he has a big heart for the series as well.
2022-2023 AHSCS President
#84 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#85 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#923 Schoolboy (2023 Beta 350-RE)

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Jacob, thanks for everything you have done to better this series. YOU did a great job as contingency officer and we appreciate all the sacrifices you made in your personal life to dedicate yourself to this series, making it better than it ever was before you were involved.

Travisdupriest

Post by Travisdupriest »

Jacob thank you for your years of work helping the series you have done a great job in that role. Thank you for volunteering your time and effort!

I accept the nomination for 2019 President. My family has been part of the series since 2012 and have missed only 2 or 3 races during that time period. I really enjoy helping as much as I can to prepare our series for our current and future racers.
2014-2017 Vice President
2016-2017 #341 B35+
2014-2015 #541 C35+
2013 #741 D35+
2012 #851 Beginner Vet

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

I'd like to thank all of the 2018 Officers. All of them are really committed to the Series and giving up so much of their time to help the Series. It is a pretty amazing thing that these folks run this organization in a professional way on their spare time. I've enjoyed working with and learning from all of them.

I'm delighted to accept the nomination of Vice-President and pledge to do my best. For 2019 I hope to see through to the end a major goal of the Series acquiring a scoring trailer. That goal is something we have all been working toward for over three years now and I believe we'll get there in 2019. My family and I are committed to attending as many races as possible. This past year we were successful in attending every race. I feel its important for the Series leadership to be at the races, to support all our members and promoters and also to deal with any problems or challenges that might arise. The current slate of leadership did just that in 2018. There were only a very few number of challenges this last year and every single one of them was dealt with directly and behind the scenes. This approach keeps things running smoothly, promotes safety, ensures fair competition, and good sportsmanship.

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge the service that Jacob Hyatt as Contingency Director has given to the organization. His leadership has improved the overall quality of the Series, allowed sponsors to showcase their products and likely helped them make sales. Without these sponsors gaining the product visibility and promotion our sport would diminish. They need us and we need them. Jacob did a great job of making that connection, and at the same time did a remarkable job of putting together some awesome year end awards for our champions, IronMen & IronWomen, and all the riders who raced entire seasons. He's done an outstanding job. I hate to see him leave the post. I also understand the priorities and pressures. He's more than earned a right to retire from the volunteer job. I look forward to supporting Nick Hopkins and have faith that he'll hit the ground running and help take us even higher.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

nbhopkins477

Post by nbhopkins477 »

Thank you Jacob for your nomination of Series Contingency Director and I accept. If elected, I hope I can serve the members of our series in the manner that you have.

2016 Lost Creek was my first time to throw a leg over a motor cycle in a race, I had spent about 45 minutes on a bike in the woods before that. Didn't make a full lap but I was hooked. Since then I have been to every AHSCS event and plan to continue that going into 2019. I've developed a passion for racing and our series, as well as many friendships that well surely last a lifetime. If elected, I can assure you I will hit the ground running and do my very best to keep Jacobs forward momentum.

RuthGould

Post by RuthGould »

I do hate to see Jacob go but am glad that Nick seems excited to take on the job. I feel confident that he will do his best to keep the high standard Jacob has set for us.

I accept my nomination for scoring director. It does get stressful at times, but I do love this job! My family and I have been racing in some capacity with AHSCS since 2007. TJ was 2 years old then and couldn't wait to get on 2 wheels! I could write a book about the many ways this series has had a positive impact on my family. I love y'all and look forward to another year if y'all will have me.
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

ajtart5

Post by ajtart5 »

Thank you to all of our series officers. You all are not only great individuals but together you have made 2018 the best since I started racing in 2015. I know you guys/gals devote time away from your families and it is much appreciated by the Tarts. Nick, you will have some BIG shoes to fill but I know you will do a great job. Thanks again and bring on 2019!!!!!!!!!!