2021 Officer Nominations

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
RuthGould

2021 Officer Nominations

Post by RuthGould »

2021 Officer Nominations

Nominations are now open & will remain open until October 15th.

Only active members can nominate another member to hold office. Only active members shall be eligible to hold office in the AHSCS. In the event of a vacancy in any of the elective offices, the President shall nominate one of members to fill the vacated office. If there are no willing nominees, the vacant officer position may be filled by another officer for the length of the term.

Active members shall be entitled to hold elected office & vote in AHSCS affairs AS A PROMOTER OR OFFICER, and to win any prizes in AHSCS activities.

Terms: The terms of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Scoring Director, Contingency Director, and Webmaster will commence on January 1 of each year and end on December 31 of the same year. All officers shall hold offices for twelve months or until their successors are elected. In the event not enough volunteers are willing to serve as an officer, the vacant officer position may be filled by another officer for the length of the term. The Officers will also act as the BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

Duties of the Board of Directors:
• To act for the corporation in all matters ordered by the corporation.
• To properly investigate and present to the corporation all business or important activity situations.
• To make final decisions upon member expulsions.
• To have general control over all AHSCS affairs.

All officers will receive:
1 Free series membership. This cannot be applied to any immediate family. It only applies to the person holding a series position. That person must have been either a paid member or officer the preceding year.
Free gate entry for themselves
1 free race entry, that may be applied to an immediate family member.
Scoring Directors will receive the same as above plus a second free gate entry for immediate family.

JOB DUTIES

President:
To preside at all meetings of the AHSCS.
To have general supervision of the affairs of the AHSCS.
To act as Public Relations contact and first contact of all matters regarding AHSCS.
To make sure the proper registered agent and contact information is updated with the Secretary of States' Office.
To appoint any person or committee not otherwise ordered by the AHSCS.
To personally represent the AHSCS on proper occasions and business contacts.
To assist all other officers of the AHSCS in their records, correspondence and other activities.
To vote only when necessary to break a tie.

Vice President:
To perform the duties of the President in his absence.
Public Relations to aid promoters in promoting AHSCS events.
To keep a record of the meetings of the AHSCS.
To send out notices of regular meetings of the AHSCS.
To perform such other duties as generally fall to that office.
To act as Secretary of AHSCS.

Treasurer:
To collect dues from all the AHSCS members.
To collect all other moneys due the AHSCS.
To pay all bills incurred by the AHSCS.
Act as Insurance Communications Officer (ICO)
Contingency Director:
Responsible for all competitive awards and AHSCS championships.
Obtain series sponsors.
Report race results to manufacturers and sponsors.
Assist President at Awards Banquet.

Contingency:
1. Responsible for all competitive awards and AHSCS championships
2. Obtain sponsors for year end awards banquet, and series sponsors.
3. Report race results to manufacturers.
4. Assist President at Awards Banquet.

Scoring Director:
Coordinate and manage the "Scoring Staff" make sure there are enough "Scoring Staff" for sign ups and scoring.
Haul all scoring equipment to and from all races. This includes:
large silver box with wheels that holds majority of scoring supplies
Scoring reader arch
fence poles and PVC pipe for scoring area
pop ups to prevent rain from damaging equipment
signs for classes, sign up, etc.
3 drawer organizer
2 laptops
printer box
Set up sign up and scoring area at each race.
Print and bring plenty of copies of the following forms:
Race release forms
New membership forms
Back up sheets
Land Owner Waivers

Collect new Membership Forms and Fees
Collect Transponder Fees and hand out transponders
Send all monies collected and/or records of deposits made to AHSCS to the Treasurer
Enter the rider (membership and race entries) into the computer
Provide AA (Pro) Payout amounts to the promoter
Collect Scoring fees and distribute accordingly
Provide starting line check/info sheets to the promoter before each moto
Coordinate the back check, might need some assistance from the promoter
Post results to moto-tally online and manage all operations within the moto-tally website and moto-tally software.
Place supply orders with Treasurer.

Webmaster :
The webmaster maintains and updates the AHSCS website. The person selected must possess the skill to perform this task.
Creates or assists in creating flyers for each even and post them to the webpage.
Updating document links as needed.
Update directions to race locations.
Create and distribute event calendars.
*I cannot even begin to understand all of the duties of the Webmaster. I'm sure there is a whole lot more to this list.

Officers and Promoter Votes: Each individual that fills an officer or promoter position will have one (1) vote. All eligible voters may select a proxy to cast their vote. The President shall vote only in the event of a tie.

Current President: AJ Tart
Current VP: Shelby Johnson
Current treasurer: Donny Whitfied
Current Webmaster: Jason Harmon
Current Contingency officer: Nick Hopkins
Current Scoring Director: Ruth Gould

If you are nominated, either accept or decline the nomination. If you accept the nomination, please tell us a bit about yourself
Scoring Director
501-246-6210 text or call
[email protected]

wfopete

Re: 2021 Officer Nominations

Post by wfopete »

I nominate all current officers to their existing AHSCS positions for 2021.

I think the B.O.D. of the AHSCS handled the C19 issues well and worked hard to get this series moving under very difficult circumstances.

Good job folks.

President: AJ Tart
VP: Shelby Johnson
Treasurer: Donny Whitfied
Webmaster: Jason Harmon
Contingency officer: Nick Hopkins
Scoring Director: Ruth Gould
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

RuthGould

Post by RuthGould »

Pete,
I really appreciate the compliment, but at this time I decline the nomination. It’s time for me to take a step back & relax & watch a while. My hope is that someone who is enthusiastic about our series will jump in & be ready to continue the great traditions that AHSCS has. I’ll still be around to assist anyone with anything they may need, so I hope no one is intimidated to step up. It’s a fun gig!
Scoring Director
[email protected]

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

Pete,

Thank you kindly for the nomination. Like Ruth, I feel like it is time for me to step down. I have been honored and blessed to serve alongside the Officers from this year and the last several. They are all great people with a passion for the Series. I’ve spent the last five years volunteering for AHSCS as an Officer and I feel like it’s time for someone new to step in and breathe fresh ideas and energy into guiding the Series. I plan to support all the Officers and the Series going forward and will find other ways to help out in 2021. However at this time I cannot accept the nomination.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

ajtart5

Post by ajtart5 »

Ruth/Shelby,

We are all saddened to hear that you will not be returning for 2021. Thank you for your years of dedication to AHSCS and it’s members. You both have displayed a great deal of professionalism, care and effort in making this series what it is today.

RuthGould

Post by RuthGould »

Just wanted everyone to know Here that I am reconsidering. AJ & I have been talking about changes to make my life a bit easier. I’ll keep y’all posted.
Scoring Director
[email protected]

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

I nominate Jacob Hyatt for Vice-President. Jacob and his family have been involved with the Series for several years. He previously served as the Contingency Director for a couple of years and has a good foundation for how AHSCS operates. He has the work ethic and passion for the Series that it takes to help keep us going in a positive and successful direction. Jacob is also a promoter and active racer. With all of that experience and background he would be an outstanding Vice-President.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

Zgould

Post by Zgould »

I would like to nominate Clay Bowen for Contingency. He has been a series member for several years and has been very dedicated. He works with my mom, he has a very good work ethic and is an all around great guy that would be very good at this role.

BowenRacing

Post by BowenRacing »

Hold on let me think about it .......🤔.......🤔......Ok , I’ve decided, I accept the role🥳🥳🥳🥳. Thank you for the nomination!!!

nbhopkins477

Post by nbhopkins477 »

I would like to decline my nomination for contingency director. I stopped racing mid year to focus more on my small family and my career, in doing so I’ve slacked on the position. I think Clay will be a great fit and I’ll help him transition in anyway I can.

JacobHyatt

Post by JacobHyatt »

I was hoping someone else would jump in to be Vice President, but that didn't happen! I appreciate the nomination and will accept this year. Everyone else that has an interest in being a more integral part of the series is more than welcome to jump in at any time.

We love the series, love the folks in our series, and I hope to always be open to help where I can.
2022-2023 AHSCS President
#84 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#85 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#923 Schoolboy (2023 Beta 350-RE)