Thoughts for 2021

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
Jesse Heydenreich

Thoughts for 2021

Post by Jesse Heydenreich »

This may have already been discussed. If so I apologize.

1. Has there been any discussion around giving a white flag? I sure miss seeing it.

2. What are the chances A Open and A Vet can row up together? Or possibly having A Vet row up behind the AA class. I only made it to 5 rounds this year but it seemed the A Vet class worked through A Open by lap two.

Thanks!!

greg

Re: Thoughts for 2021

Post by greg »

Can’t remember the year but the white flag caused a BIG problem!!! So it was voted to take it out.

dustinsmith662

Post by dustinsmith662 »

I think the white flag is considered a huge way of communication to the riders and should never have been taken away. You guys need the white flag.

JacobHyatt

Post by JacobHyatt »

1) I have only been to a handful of races that had a white flag and I have never noticed not having it. My only concern is that it adds another layer of thinking and problems that the scoring team would have to address during the race. you have to know who is in the lead, when they are in the lead, and what their average lap times are to have an accurate white flag. While it is possible, I don't know that it would be something to add unless there was a majority of folks that wanted it.

2) As far as rows swapping or merging- I think the classes fluctuate year to year, so a problem this year may be completely resolved the following year based on the riders in the class. The A vet class is stacked, but there are some fast guys in A open this year as well. If you merge the lines, an A vet guy (for example) may get the holeshot and have the entire A class splitting him and his class, allowing him to have clean track for a while. I think we would have more complaints of rider interference if the classes started together.

These are just my thoughts and I am open to all discussion.
2022-2023 AHSCS President
#84 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#85 A- Open (2023 Beta 350-RE)
#923 Schoolboy (2023 Beta 350-RE)

Jesse Heydenreich

Post by Jesse Heydenreich »

So are we getting a white flag??? :-)

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

FWIW worth the race monitor at scoring has the race time on it. Only takes a flash look to focus on it and it will tell you a lot of info in a split second.
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

GregAl

Post by GregAl »

The Series is better than I can remember it ever being, you all are doing great!

Personally, I would like to see year end awards go to custom AHSCS Helmets for class winners. If the funds are available.

Ajudy300

Post by Ajudy300 »

Jesse I’ll give you a white flag every lap at DJM if you want