Facebook versus the message board

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
admin
Site Admin

Facebook versus the message board

Post by admin »

It may seem hard to believe now, but a long time ago, the AHSCS Message Board was a pretty happening place with sometimes literally dozens of posts every day! There was talk about upcoming races, issues within the series, race reports, and some smack talk sprinkled in as well.

For multiple reasons, that changed and activity on the message board tapered off drastically, especially as Facebook and other social media platforms have arisen. These social media platforms are obviously convenient for keeping up with friends and family, among other things, but it seems like conversations about local racing have suffered.

On Facebook, thoughts and opinions tend to be fragmented to where you can completely miss an entire discussion if you don't happen to be Facebook friends with the right person. And then, sometimes even if you see a post pop up from a friend that turns into an interesting discussion, you may never see it again in your newsfeed, even as the conversion continues.

Personally, I'd love to see some more activity on the message board, but realize it's an uphill battle to get people back in the habit of visiting (and posting) here regularly again. If enough people start making a concerted effort to join in, however, we just might be able to get the ball rolling and have some fun chatting again about things going on at the races and in the series. So if you have any thoughts, questions, or concerns, post 'em up!

It's either that or stick to Facebook, clicking through photos of your Aunt Mildred's latest trip to Branson!

slugnnthugn

Re: Facebook versus the message board

Post by slugnnthugn »

I would love to see this place jumping again! Bikes being posted for sale, pics of the races. It was easier to find info without having to scroll through the one facebook page looking for a post from two weeks ago. Bring this back!

wfopete

Post by wfopete »

What they said ^ ^ ^

FB is all over the place and has too much crap posted.
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

greg

Post by greg »

Yes what they said.

65motos

Post by 65motos »

I would just like to be approved to join the fb page. My request to join it has be waiting on approval for months.
I think the moderators are asleep!🤣🤣🤣

ShelbyJohnson

Post by ShelbyJohnson »

You must be looking at the wrong group. Anyone can follow @OfficialAHSCS
Shelby Johnson #190 A50+@gunpowderracing
Unabiker, Vortex, X Brand Goggles, Flexxbars & Dunlop

1dn4up

Post by 1dn4up »

I believe there has to be something that is worth someone (or many) logging in every day or every other day. Like a video of the week, tech tips, etc. of course you can find these things on youtube these days but would be a more personal way to interact with friends. Shelby, I always enjoyed your Gunpowder Racing blogs and bench racing segments you posted all the time. Unique things like that to keep folks coming back. Something cool maybe would be a AHSCS fantasy SX segment of sorts, something to being folks together off the track by means of this website.
Make 2 Strokes Great Again

-Preston