BEAR CREEK Conditions

Talk about the series, upcoming races, or anything else!
wfopete

BEAR CREEK Conditions

Post by wfopete »

Has anyone been down or is going down to the race site to check out the conditions? I see rain in the forecast off and on through the week and on Sunday. I try to go by the $2.50 rule: If it will take more than $2.50 to clean my bike after the race I probably shouldn't ride. I can defer some of that with a garden hose but still....
Pete Petrick
#121 Stark Varg Alpha; The amperage suckin', tire shreddin', chain snapin' environmentally friendly suicide ride.
Slow but Good.

admin
Site Admin

Re: BEAR CREEK Conditions

Post by admin »

Not sure what's in store with the weather, but reports from last weekend indicated that it was getting dusty out there.

Stillhavingfun

Post by Stillhavingfun »

Pete, having been down there working for multiple weekends and as recently as last weekend, the dirt was actually excellent with some moisture and the usual mudholes on the backside by the houses. We have worked hard at re-routes and new trail that takes as much as possible to higher ground (that would be the new trail). Flow is good, no matter which way we run it, but there will always be slick roots at Kirby. Trail base will take a lot of rain on 90% of the course and is hard packed. The leaves will get pushed aside as the the riders work it as you know. While nothing is perfect and the weather in Arkansas is variable this time of year, I would say the course is one of the best if not the best yet. The weather forecast changes by the minute and after all, they are called "dirtbikes" for a reason. Hope we can avoid the mudbike description and stay within your $2.50 limit.
#Stillhavingfun

Jonathan plunkett

Post by Jonathan plunkett »

Goodmorning! Just checking on the race this wknd. Is there a chance it’s cancelled or are we running rain or shine?

dwhitfield

Post by dwhitfield »

The race is still on rain or shine.